Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dark Ninta Clan
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tuning my new sting. Set up is 7 1/4" brace, black moon riser, border hex 5 ws, new spaghetti secure button soft spring(cuz I can not spell the company name of the type of my head) and my new bcy-x string. As per last thread (those that gave me input might remember) I was at the end of my prior plunger as far as tension goes. It was all the way out and as a lefty, arrows will just barely making it to center, most hitting slight right. SO still shooting gold tip 600s with 125 and 100 grain tips and cheetah 650s with 125 grain tips. The curiostiy I came across is the gold tips tune better, dead on center after a little plunger play. The cheetah even though "650" spine and 125 grains tips still hitting stiff (right) by about 4 inches when compared to the stiffer 600 spine gold tips. Any input or insight? And my gold tips seem to group together no matter if 100 grain or 125 grain tip. I should them randomly so I do not know which tip is on arrow to do like a blind test which grain tip shoots better, but really find no big difference. This has baffled me, my stiffer 600 spine arrows shooting weaker than my 650 spine cheetah 3Ds.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
That BH is low even for Hex limbs. Could you be getting contact/false weak indication?

-Grant

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Unless your shooting low poundage, or real short draw length, those both are way to weak. More details please.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I run my hexs that low or lower. I think that length of overall arrow could play a part in your problem. With my 36lbs Hex 6bb2 I am shooting .600 GT ultralights with 100 gr points. I am running my plunger pretty stiff and almost perfectly at center for center shot... I am also running these limbs at 6 5/8" brace height. I am grouping with my bare shaft in one of the 3 spots of a vegas round target at 50yds.

Hope this helps and you have a great day,
Kasey

·
Dark Ninta Clan
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, thought I put that slightly important info in there lol I am shooting about 38lbs (36lb hex 5s, Sid said bolted in they should shoot 40lbs, have them one turn out) draw length is 27.5. And yes it is sissy weight. WIth this brace it is shooting quiet, flight is good. And no have not verified spines on a spine tester. The curiousity is they were both grouping a little stiff with my shibuya plunger almost completely out on soft spring. Now the ultralights at the current setting on the secure button (much stiffer spring setting than shibuya) are shooting weak a bit and cheetahs stiff a bit. I can tune either to center I am sure but just curious as to how technically "stiffer" spine can shoot weaker than a weaker spine arrow. Are manufacturers that off on what they classify as "600spine" and "650 spine"?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts