Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Spearhead
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I don't shoot the scores like some of our members, and they are great shots and great people.
But for me yesterday I shot my personal best on the Vegas 300, with a 263. For me that's great.
So today wasn't expecting to do as well, shot a Vegas 450 and scored 387 for another personal best.
Those are not high scores for some but for me they are, Vegas 300 was average 235-240 range, Vegas 450 was in the 340-350 range.
My personal worst was a short few years ago on league night, shot a 298 on a Vegas 450 I was at an all time low and needed help, but there wasn't any, ask some of the local pros and general comment is "if you want accuracy shoot a compound".

So to put credit where credit is due.

Rod Jenkins
a huge THANK YOU, your clinic helped a lot. I hope to attend another when your back west.
I can't wait for next year already.

Chad

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Keep the momentum going, super shooting Chad.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Which kind of target face is used during a 300 event? Do you shoot at the 40 cm blue-white face which counts 1 to 5?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Which kind of target face is used during a 300 event? Do you shoot at the 40 cm blue-white face which counts 1 to 5?
Vegas uses a three spot multicolored target face. Scoring ,10,9,8,7,6. One arrow at each spot.

·
Premium Member
12,099 Posts
I am glad to hear it CHAD, good job outta you.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Congrats Chad - that is terrific. What bow did you use?????

Alan

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Well done!

Rasyad

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sounds excellent to me. My personal best is 510 on a FITA (I think that's the same as Vegas) or 257 on half a FITA. I mostly average in the 480s for a full round. And that's shooting a 70" recurve off the shelf. Im attending one of Rods Clinics in May, and anticipating/hoping I learn something to further improve my shooting. Keep up the good shooting!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Great shooting Chad, keep it up.

Dewayne

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Great shooting Chad. PB's are always a cause for celebration.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts