Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
covert hunter??? and review added.

I just got my CH today. It is awesome. I just had a question on a part that came in the package. It is an oval piece of carbon.I don't know what it is for? Maybe a quiver extension?
Thanks,
Chris.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know how to post pics. But it is 1 5\8" x 4" and has a threaded hole in one end and a hole that is counter sunk for a screw head.

Glenn that looks great.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
O.K. here is my review. Like most people who opened their box from Border I was shocked to see how big the curves are on these limbs. The limbs are very light weight. I noticed a few changes in them from my Hex 6 H ILF limbs that I bought 2 years ago. First is the tips are smaller and pointed. Second the edges of the limbs are more square. My 6's are lightly sanded rounding the corners. And 3rd the tip overlay has a higher transition than on the 6's making stringing a little more difficult. Still very easy but not as easy as the other limbs. The finish is flawless and all glue lines are very tight. The riser is the same as most people it seems with indian rosewood and shedua. I ordered it with side quiver inserts and they did the best job I have ever seen. They actually sanded them smooth with the wood. I have never seen that before, it looks great. Again the riser is perfect. I put the limbs on the riser and the fit is perfect on the upper limb pocket but the lower limb pocket has a small gap maybe a business card thickness. You can only see this if held in the light. With the bow put together I grabbed the string and this is where I was dissapointed. The string is very low quality. It is a flemish twist and the bundles don't go together very well and the serving is very low and of poor quality. I am putting an order in to Rick Barbee tonight. I put a couple of yarn puffs on it and tied two nocking points and set the brace to 7" and took a couple of shots. This is where I got very excited. Pulling it back I couldn't believe how smooth it was. I ordered it at 46#@ 29" and that is what I got. After a few shots I pulled out my DAS with the Hex 6 limbs on that I thought couldn't get any smoother and it felt like it was stacking. Back to shooting the CH I found the grip to fit my hand very well. I don't think I will have to take it to the sander like I do most bows. I shot it through the crono and and picked up a few fps over the 6's that are 2#s heavier and with a better string I think I can get a couple more fps out of it. Overall very pleased with the bow. Is it worth the money??? That is up to you to decide. I still have lots of tuning to do but so far it is shooting really well. When Ren posts the pics for me you might be able to see a 20yd group with the bow.
Thanks,
Chris Hill

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Great stuff Chris and yes the sids are not on a string making level like Rick or Chad :)

The bow is certainly a wonder and I like mine more and more every day

I have two sets of limbs and I just put in another riser order

Love um

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ren just posted the pic of that bracket that came with the bow. Thanks Ren.

I tried to get them to build me a riser with phenolic and a solid
carbon carbon center but he wouldn't do it for me. Maybe in the future.

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Niiiice...I agree about the strings..I got some from Chad Weaver....wow nice strings.

Wish someone would call them and offer to build their strings....such great bows but I think they are too busy for strings.

Jer

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am just loving Border bows. I have dropped down in weight from 59# BW to 46# CH and picked up speed and kinetic energy and it is much easier to shoot. I was short drawing and snap shooting but now I can hold forever.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.