Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sid sent me a note saying my bow will be in austria on Friday....I will be in austria on thursday and Daniel will be picking me and my wife up...grrrrrrrrrreat.

I will take pics then and get some posts and feedback.

45# and 56# ers

He said they hit like bows 10 pounds heavier so I elected to go that route for weight. With my 30.5" draw it helps too.

I had Chad Weaver make me some bow strings so I should be good to go.

Can't wait to get out of the sandbox.....been here since LATE november....cabin fever.

jer

·
Premium Member
12,785 Posts
Good news JER.
Are you going back to North America - YUKON - after visiting with Daniel?

·
j-san = Jason
1,680 Posts
I bet you can hardly wait. I was like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa on the day my CH was to arrive. It is a wonderful bow. Very hard to put down when I get some free time to myself. I also have one of Chad's strings on my CH - Angel Majesty material.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Congratulations...... have fun with your new bow and a great time on vacation.

Rasyad

Reactions: RIng

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be back in Canada on july 1st....need to wire up the bike trailer and do a few electrical connections for heated gear on my NEW TO ME 2010 Goldwing. Then I can make a trip to the yukon and do some REAL tuning.

Yes like a kid at xmas alright....have a long bike ride planned this summer - 10 - 14 days...glacier - missoula to see MATT and get some flies for LOLO PASS...then west to portland and the 101 up the coast to seattle and then over to the island and across to the mainland and then whistler up to kamloops and penticton - see my mom there - then to the kootenays on the back roads and ferries and up to the hot springs and back to calgary......lots of miles and smiles me thinks.

I will take the bow and my flyrod and camping gear - my brother and his friend are coming with me too.....campfires - shooting - drinking - burning fuel...what could be better.

RING....I will get the riser to you pronto bud....thanks again..jer

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Let me know when you pass through Victoria and I'll have you as a guest at Vic Bowmen.

-Grant

Reactions: jerbearyukon

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds like a great bike trip . I have done 3 long motorcycle trips . The best 33 days from east coast to the Rockies . Montana , Colorado , New Mexico and Arizona . Camping gold panning , hiking etc . I don't ride motorcycles any more , but have replaced them with a WRX , almost as much fun . Have a great time and be safe .

May life's simplest things bring you the greatest pleasures!!!!

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CCH and grant....we leave on the 22nd....be in Missoula the 23rd - so portland around the 25 and then seattle-26.... (I want to see Bruce Lee's grave - been wanting to do that since I was 11 or so....so I am doing it).

then onto victoria....27th or 28th....Grant I have your phone number.

Thanks guys I will try to contact you.....would love to meet you guys and let you try the CH too if your interested.

Cheers

JOE - Oz man - next june yeah baby

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jer,

I have also a CH on order. Mine is still a few weeks away. It has a 19" riser 60" long 55# at 28". I have a 27.5" DL. It also has buffalo horn inlays. Am looking forward to getting it and tuning some arrows for it. Hope its everything expected.

David

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
I was going to see if you wanted to go to our trad shoot but it is the first weekend of August. We also have one the 19th of July. Looks like the things a little off. My CH is suppose to ship tomorrow I hope.
Chris.

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CCH....well I would be into just shooting some arrows with you too...might only be for a couple of hourse though...or just a BEER... ;)

That will be good if it's shipped before friday as they are taking 2 weeks off I think then...cheers jer

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
27-28 of July should be perfect.

-Grant

Reactions: jerbearyukon
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.