Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I haven't been here in awhile. I had shoulder rotator cuff surgery in June and just now starting to shoot a 40# bow and forging again. A few years ago I picked up two Damascus billets from the Alabama Damascus scrap pile at the BladeShow. I threw them in my throw away blade box and forgot about them. Guess I should have bought more as the Damascus I make is pretty plain compared to these two. Blades finished...quenched, tempered, final grind with convex edge & false top edge, hand finished to 320 grit, and etched. Now just need to figure what handles to add.

Little 6 1/2" neck knife and Big brother 10 1/2" AOL 6" blade...tippit

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
That is a awesome pattern, really nice Jeff. I think Purple heart handles will looks good on it.

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
Nice work on all of them. Just curious about the last one, is the blade peened to achieve that pattern?

BTW: Welcome back and glad you are recovering.

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
I thought damascus was damascus ....apparently I am wrong.
Real nice and unusual.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I might be wrong here, but, I think the third blade is maybe made from motor cycle chain.
Either way ..they're beautifully crafted blades Tippit.

I think I've said this before .. but I'll say it again .. you don't post here very often Tippit .. but when you do ... boy oh boy your threads are good !!
Thanks once again

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
:whathesaid:

And i love Damascus blades. Great job. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,274 Posts
Jeff, glad the shoulder is coming along.
NICE KNIVES!

·
Registered
643 Posts
WOW! Those are nice...

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
Second on the second. Very nice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice Damascus! I haven bought from Alabama in many years, looks like they're upping their game.
Nice knives too.
What's your makers mark mean? I like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts