Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks?...last night I was torn between form/gap shooting VAP's off my 30# Bear Polar or?...Snapping some off instinctively with my 44# Herters curve....to the point that I said screw it and went middle of the road by grabbing my 37# Bushmen RD Longbow and just do whatever I feel...but then it was "which arrows?" time...should I go with my 5/16 woodies?....if so?...cedar or Sitka?...but man...I haven't shot my .600 spine Beman MFX Classic carbons in a while (and I have 22 of'em)...so I loaded 3 fletched and 2 bare in the quiver and out back I went but...rut-ro....why are my bares showing just a touch weak?...oh....that's right...I did that because adding (3) 5" parabolics stiffens them up a tad but...dang...I wonder how they'd fly if I replaced the 125gr points with 100 grainers?...so I did...but I only had 5/16ths 100gr combo points for my 9/32 shafts...but?....close enough for testing purposes...and hot diggity! They still flew and grouped great and with a bit more heat on'em! :)

So tonight I knew I'd be swinging by Bass Pro for a couple dozen 9/32 100gr field points and did...

But then I got to thinking...man...I wonder if these would be stiff enough now for my herters recurve and?...bullets baby! :)

now that wasn't the tightest grouping at 15yds but it was about my average and I'm pleased with that but what really flipped my switch was how snotty fast the herters was spitting them out at a total arrow weight of 365gr for a 8.3GPP rig....and the bow didn't seem to mind at all...just sat there...did have to spin my nail knot tie-on nock points down a few wraps but...sweet!.....fast....and flat. :)

But now I have a nice CF target arrow for both my...

64"/37# Bushmen RD Longbow with 12strand of Rhino set at a BH of 6 5/8ths

and?...

60"/44# Herters Perfection Magnum with 14strands of B50 (wound tight) set at 8 1/4" BH.

and now the same quiver full of pointed arrows will suit either bow...life is great! :)

L8R, Bill.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Nice Jinks, I like dual purpose! Awhile back I found a perfect shaft that just by changing point weights did exactly the same thing for me iwith three of my bows..problem was that they'd been discontinued 3 years earlier! I found a hidden stash of them...3 dozen...and scooped every one of'em up!

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice Jinks, I like dual purpose! Awhile back I found a perfect shaft that just by changing point weights did exactly the same thing for me iwith three of my bows..problem was that they'd been discontinued 3 years earlier! I found a hidden stash of them...3 dozen...and scooped every one of'em up!
That's funny...I'm in the same boat...they don't make Beman MFX Classics anymore either. LOL!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.