Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a post last week asking for ideas on a portable stand for shooting 3D, so I didn't have to set my bow on the ground. There were a couple examples that caught my eye and when I saw this fishing rod holder at Meijer for $4, a lightbub went off in my head. I used an old nock and some electrical tape to secure the nock to the holder. So far it seems like it will work great, and it collapses to about 12" and hangs nicely on my quiver.

Reactions: notdodger

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
That looks like a good idea, except the base may be a little heavy and difficult to carry. ;)
True, but when you set it down... it's planted there!

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Dave, thanks for the laugh. :D since I live in Michigan, that was the best I could do this time of year to show how it works.

Rob the stab says it's made by golden key futura, and is called "Ace Hydraulic Stabilizer".

K31scout, it's a clickety clicker I believe, and since the riser doesn't have a large enough "flat", I have (2) sided tape and yes hill billy zip ties to keep it in place. :D

Aiden, master of puns. Lol

Oh did I mention the "V" glows in the dark? Great for those times your caught after dark searching for an arrow. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts