Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Titan III seems very popular these days, but what are the pros & cons of all metal ILF risers out there? I'm not even sure how many there are: TT, DAS, Morrison, etc. I know they're not all created equal when it comes to things like suitability for longbow limbs, etc.

For instance, I've been told in another thread by a Titan III owner that it won't work with a NAP Centerest Flipper rest because the rest is too thick. Not sure if that's a huge deal or not, but it diminishes the number of rest choices that'll work.

The Morrison metal riser looks nice, with stainless bolt bushings, etc.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on which metal ILF riser is the best and why. I did a search and didn't really find an answer.

Thanks
Shuter

·
Bart Harmeling
3,551 Posts
I'm liking my 20" TD3 right now. I have it set up for shooting with a set crawl which I like more and more. Centerest works without alteration, and the DAS connection is very adjustable and quiet. Have about $80 invested in it.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My Titan is the 17".
I love it.
It's the third alloy riser I've owned but the first ILF.

The NAP centerest is only one of three that otherwise all do the same thing, even look pretty much the same.

Cheers,
John.

·
Banned
548 Posts
For instance, I've been told in another thread by a Titan III owner that it won't work with a NAP Centerest Flipper rest because the rest is too thick. Not sure if that's a huge deal or not, but it diminishes the number of rest choices that'll work.
You were given bad information. I have a friend that shoots a Titan 2 and a Titan 3 with the very rest you are talking about and he has more than enough room.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first Titan riser was a plagiarized copy of the DAS riser that was designed by David Sosa.

I do not know about the second one or how much CS it has to accommodate the CS flipper?

So if your looking for a 17 with plenty of CS they are a bit more difficult to easily set up for off the shelf but can be done. Personally I like Morrisons risers and think you should give Bob a call and talk to him directly about his Gen 3 riser's.
Thanks, Sam. I will do that. Looks like Bob's has a sort of "ramp" built into shelf for shooting off of it. Titan has to be built up quite a bit apparently?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The first Titan riser was a plagiarized copy of the DAS riser that was designed by David Sosa.

I do not know about the second one or how much CS it has to accommodate the CS flipper?

So if your looking for a 17 with plenty of CS they are a bit more difficult to easily set up for off the shelf but can be done. Personally I like Morrisons risers and think you should give Bob a call and talk to him directly about his Gen 3 riser's.
So was Dave's a plagiarized version of the Mamba ?

That's some pretty nasty stuff and totally improvable, I thought most people had got past that %@#.

·
Registered
124 Posts
IMO, the Titan 2 and Titan 3 are in a class by themselves for 17 and 19" risers.

I do own and have shot a bunch, a 17" GEN2 Morrison, and several SKY TDX's, but much prefer the Titans.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
So was Dave's a plagiarized version of the Mamba ?

That's some pretty nasty stuff and totally improvable, I thought most people had got past that %@#.
As a matter of fact, Dave's was a copy of parts of several warfs made by Bob Gordon, with Bob Gordons help.

And some do have long memories

Reactions: rsarns

·
Premium Member
12,822 Posts
I have had several DAS risers, including Dalaas, also a couple of Morrison gen2 & 3 metal risers, and a bunch of various metal warfs, and I still have an old Dalaa and several warfs.
All the Dalaas have been great, and also the Morrison riser, and the warfs.
I'd feel good if all I could have was any one of them, the only real difference I see in any are grip options, all of mine are cut past center, and shoot & handle well.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
As a matter of fact, Dave's was a copy of parts of several warfs made by Bob Gordon, with Bob Gordons help.

And some do have long memories
Still sounds like an argument about who invented the fishing lure to me.

BTW,I owned a DAS but sold it three weeks after buying it because I wanted nothing to do with the dirt being thrown.

I have a long memory as well.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Still sounds like an argument about who invented the fishing lure to me.

BTW,I owned a DAS but sold it three weeks after buying it because I wanted nothing to do with the dirt being thrown.

I have a long memory as well.
Not worth an argument one way or another so please just disregard my statement. For the sake of peace I am going to delete my post.:shooting:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts