Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The IBO Masters video was great. Most of the top shooters suggested a coach. The problem is there is not a lot of trad shooters in the world. It is difficult to find someone to shoot with let alone a good coach.

When I first began to learn guitar I took lessons online. It was great because I could learn from top players in Nashville while sitting in Michigan. Are there any Trad Coaches that can provide instruction online ie Skype or Facetime?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol MI is not the place to learn guitar hence the need for Skype. I move to Iowa to save a Factory and Hunt. Trad Archery is just a part of it.

Learn guitar in MI. WHAT you move to IA to learn archery? I understand the move to hunt whitetails.

Bowmania

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Can't remember what book, it might have been "Precision Archer" (thanks Hank - Steve) chapters are written by different coaches. One chapter was a comment by a guy's wife that was a 56 time national champ. She was asked what was the most difficult part of archery. She said, "doing what you THINK you're doing".

There's really a need for feed back. Rod Jenkins videos all his students on the last day of class. I thought I was going to be impressive. When I watched it with him he asked me what I saw wrong. I was very unimpressive. I knew what to work on and it was something I didn't know I was doing wrong.

Bowmania

·
Super Moderator
2,748 Posts
Look up the JOAD, Junior Olympic Archery Development, program in Iowa. They will have coaches of varying skill but consistent fundamentals. Most of the Olympic form transfers very well to traditional archery. Many hunting style archers would benefit greatly from it.

If you want to get a break from the weather fly to Sacramento for New Year's weekend. I'll coach you for good food, drink and guitar lessons. And we could take a day trip to Frisco or the beach. - lbg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts