Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on a string clicker on my Hoyt horizon w/30#long limbs.
Only shot about 40 arrows,my conclusions so far.
1.The 29"draw I thought I had is more like 27.5
2.clicker anticipation even at 27.5 is troublesome.If I feel the shot is there I don't want to wait for the click.
3.positives-I am not holding forever (Friend of mine was snoring the other day while I was shooting).
4.It can only improve my form ( I hope).

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,566 Posts
A clicker is revealing. I use both a arrow clicker and limb clicker for form practice.

I prefer the arrow clicker but the limb clicker has the advantage of working in both directions. You will get clicks when you expand and collapse. The arrow clicker is not so tolerant. If you overdraw it goes off and you are done. Therefore, the settling in that many traditional shooter do after draw will not work with a arrow clicker, but will with a limb clicker. I use both because I learn something from each.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Hank thanks I just discovered that second click you described.I am now pulling through the clicker easily, coming up to anchor,aim and release.If that second click goes off I release because I know im creeping.Working good so far at 15yds.

·
Registered
88 Posts
A really good drill with a clicker is drawing your bow to full draw, then expanding for a quarter to a half inch past the click. The first few times, you might flinch at the click or even release, but regular use of this SPT drill will help a lot.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Most developing archers can benefit from lengthening their draws. It can take years to get to your optimum length and working with a clicker now and then can help you along that journey. Form study and good coaching can speed it up. - lbg

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LBGuy my optimum length I think has decreased like my pant length(LOL)MY BODY IS SHRINKING WITH AGE.My draw length is longer than 27.5 but I have realized it is a slow draw that hinders my true length.I tried a clicker years ago but gave up on it when I found out I was fighting to reach anchor.
My shooting has been so terrible lately I thought I would give it another try.This Sunday will be the true test,we shall see.
I shoot with some friends that are very good,they are not coaches though.There scores every week are where mine once were years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts