Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used clickers little. I have been experimenting with an under the arrow clicker for string walking. Then it occurred to me, you don't have to use the clicker every shot. When you get to point on use it then.

Have you ever compared your results between a riser clicker and a limb clicker?

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
In my testing I found the under the grip clicker isn't ideal for SW "IF" your not adjusting it for each crawl. If you don't adjust it, your going to have to shorten your draw as you increase your crawl.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. the thing is you could use it at distances when your finger is on the arrow
at certain draw weights and using the shelf with a crawl for long range you can end up wi
WIth a large number of distances in a very small range of crawls

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Rusty, been brainstorming a clicker design for two years. May do it, may not. I do know a laser clicker would work well with a band on an arrow but mechanical is what I have been trying to design.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greysides is the best at digging information out of atmosphere. Haven't me several photos of under arrow clickers of yesteryear.

I had two examples I had found from old timers.

To see how a clicker would work in general string walking I used several standard clickers to see how a clicker would work string walking.

It is a work in progress. If you have any insight into the use of bare bow clickers please share.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts