Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
To me, the bow looks similar to the "Buck Trail" branded horse bows available here in Europe.
I suspect they are contract manufactured - which does not make much of a difference if the quality is ok.
The only reference to deerseeker seems Amazon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To me, the bow looks similar to the "Buck Trail" branded horse bows available here in Europe.
I suspect they are contract manufactured - which does not make much of a difference if the quality is ok.
The only reference to deerseeker seems Amazon.
it might be, from my understand many chinese manufactuers when shipping international will rebrand to a name appropriate to the geography they are targeting

·
Registered
41 Posts
it might be, from my understand many chinese manufactuers when shipping international will rebrand to a name appropriate to the geography they are targeting
As said, I wouldn't mind. But there is no Deerseeker distributor here in Europe, but others with similar bows that seem to be absent in North America.
I have good alternatives in close proximity here, like Sarmat, Grozer, or Bogar.
And I don't need excessive draw weights ...;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As said, I wouldn't mind. But there is no Deerseeker distributor here in Europe, but others with similar bows that seem to be absent in North America.
I have good alternatives in close proximity here, like Sarmat, Grozer, or Bogar.
And I don't need excessive draw weights ...;)
Yeah I agree with you,i should review some grozer or bogars

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or link to Armin Hirmer of Malta Archery, who reviews a lot of European and Asian-made horsebows.
Albeit I find him quite a bit .. easily enthralled.
Before buying, I use to look for a second opinion.
i try to do things differently, or else my channel cannot compete with his experience, so i focus on heavy weight historical bows

·
Registered
41 Posts
i try to do things differently, or else my channel cannot compete with his experience, so i focus on heavy weight historical bows
Well, I am interested to see.
Knowing some random bits of East Asian archery history, I am aware that Chinese imperial archers drew bows equivalent to ELBs, i.e. 160 to 200 lbs. And they had kind of examination bows that were intended for testing the archers only, and not for shooting. I think you reviewed one of those in a video.
But that is not for me - with a body weight of about 130 lbs, I can draw about half of that a few dozen times.
For fun and 3D competitions, I shoot about a third without getting tired.
If I need high power, I use a crossbow ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts