Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent discussion on recurves brought up issue of centershot on recurves. Given an ILF metal riser is cur well past centershot, do you think the strike pad should position the arrow so it sets directly in line with string as it centers the limbs or does the point have to be off set away from window? If offset, how far out of center?
I have always understood that at rest, the arrow should be aligned so that the inside of the tip is just outside of the string as you look down the arrow while bow is held so that string is tracking down the center of the limbs.

Now would be a good time for the photo I don't have.....

·
Spearhead
3,579 Posts
Strayer
Tad to the left of the string as you mention for rh archer, to accommodate for side to side archers paradox from finger release.

Now to muddy the waters, with my border limbs it's almost center shot. Or very close to it. Also the cleaner the release the closer the arrow will come to center shot. Or that's what I've been told?

Chad

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to think that traditional was so much more simple than compounds. It is not.
Spine, dynamic spine, centershot, f.o.c., nock point, tiller, weight vs speed, weight vs speed vs penetration.
At least it is more fun.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I used to think that traditional was so much more simple than compounds. It is not.
Spine, dynamic spine, centershot, f.o.c., nock point, tiller, weight vs speed, weight vs speed vs penetration.
At least it is more fun.
You have all those things to worry about and more with compounds, it's just that now you can't drop it off at the local bow shop to have them set it all up. The more I learn about the ins and out of tuning, the closer to true simplicity it becomes.....

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am pretty skilled in compound tuning. Working on the learning curve with recurves....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts