Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sid's thread on spine tolerance got me thinking again about the current interest in this topic. My question is along these lines: say you had similar risers with the same limbs and one was zero center shot, one 3/16" past and one 5/16" past. With the same ordinary arrow wouldn't you have to tune all of them with the plunger to the same angle? Say, so the arrow point is just left of the string line. So wouldn't you just have to screw the plunger in an additional 3/16" on the second riser and 5/16" on the third? So isn't it pointless to cut the riser to center shot, much less past it, so you need a longer plunger?

We are shooting with or fingers here, not a mechanical release, so the arrow does not come straight out of the bow. Slomo shows that when the string comes off the fingers it carries the butt of the arrow the better part of an inch to the left. So isn't center shot and beyond pointless? - lbg

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Plungers set inward of CS will start off in the wrong rotation and not be tunable.

·
赛
614 Posts
Seems to me that it has a lot more to do with the amount of offset space the plunger/rest hardware eats up than actually changing the position of the point relative to the string. From a design viewpoint its kinda like the tail wagging the dog, I know, but I've seen it before.

Regards,

Salskov

1 - 3 of 3 Posts