Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up, for what its worth.
A few years ago I was having major problems dragging my third finger on the release. I was shooting three under. I went to two under, loved the release. I know many of you shoot this way.
I fought major forearm tension, pain, all last year. The lighter weights I could shoot through, but when I started with hunting weights, it killed me. I tried many different tabs, but this year I decided to go back to three under. To date, the pain is gone, my third finger drags some, but that is the lesser of the two evils.
I know we are all built different, and have our own medical issues, but three under is where I'm staying for now.
Doug

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Been there, done exactly that. IF a shooter can get away with a 2 finger release its awesome. BUT if you start to get pain or numbness, STOP immediately!

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Just a heads up, for what its worth.
A few years ago I was having major problems dragging my third finger on the release. I was shooting three under. I went to two under, loved the release. I know many of you shoot this way.
I fought major forearm tension, pain, all last year. The lighter weights I could shoot through, but when I started with hunting weights, it killed me. I tried many different tabs, but this year I decided to go back to three under. To date, the pain is gone, my third finger drags some, but that is the lesser of the two evils.
I know we are all built different, and have our own medical issues, but three under is where I'm staying for now.
Doug
================

Hello
Was you drawing with 2 fingers.
Never saw a 2 finger tab. Since I'm just starting back. Thanks [ Later

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unk, yes, drawing with two.If you can make it work, its a great system. Bateman makes a two under, I have cut up every tab known to man and made my own, and Rasyad has helped me greatly by making me a custom tab. I just did too much damage to my fingers as a youngster, and I think I have weird fingers..:)
I think if you took a poll, you would find a very large number of two under shooters, all better than me!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
It's funny, I started playing with 2 under last night...loved the release and may give it another try after this weekend....I need a different tab or need to modify mine....the third finger gets all bound up on my old tab.

Dewayne

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I messed with it briefly and just too much weight for my fingers.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Unk, yes, drawing with two.If you can make it work, its a great system. Bateman makes a two under, I have cut up every tab known to man and made my own, and Rasyad has helped me greatly by making me a custom tab. I just did too much damage to my fingers as a youngster, and I think I have weird fingers..:)
I think if you took a poll, you would find a very large number of two under shooters, all better than me!
===============

Hello and thanks.
This just blowed my mine. Not to long before this tread started.And posting my question to you.
I was in my shop lab making a tab. And trying off the wall ideas as usual.;)

Like different riser weights and so on. Remembered a guy at are club, that was real good shooting 2 under.

" So " got's to try. Really not shooting that much poundage. But the tab finger pressure got my attention. So I tried this off the wall Idea. Drawed to anchor with 3 fingers under.
At anchor took the 3rd finger off the pressure of the tab, and placed it on the side of my bow string, with some light pressure. Worked pretty slick, on tab release.Sorta guided the hand positioning on the bow string, at time of making the shot. [ Later

·
Registered
86 Posts
Funny, I just started playing with two finger the other night after fighting that 3rd finger for too long , went ahead and cut the tab for it. Shooting two finger is better than lopping off the 3rd finger was my thought.

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
I found that relaxing my hand the third finger started coming off the tab as I reached full draw. Sometimes on, sometimes off... can't have that. Started dropping it off during the draw and continuing to do so. Still using a three-under tab, my fingers are a bit diagonal across it so it works okay.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dan Toelke advocates 2 under using the middle and ring finger. I tried that and it works great except for the pain in the tendons at the base of my wrist. Went to using index and middle finger and it works even better with no pain. Around 50# is typical for my bows and I make my own tabs but a split finger tab is super to modify if you don't want to make your own.

·
markliep
687 Posts
Some fingers wheelie shooters use an oly tab - draw split & then releae the top finger at anchor - doesn't work for me but some guys like it - might be an option to have your cake & eat it - M

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Doesn't Roger Rothhaar shoot two under? I seem to remember this from one of the MBB DVD's? Seemed to work very well for him! :)

Regards, James.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts