Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a weird thing happen. I was trying to become more accurate at distances over 20m, so I took someone's advice about gapping (think it was Hank. Sorry if it wasn't). I shoot instinctively so I aimed where I normally do then closed one eye and looked where the point was. WTH? Is that where I am really pointing? Sad to say, I couldn't do it so went back to aiming where it looked right. But now I am shooting everything way too high on everything over 30m. I got trapped in between gap and not gap.
So I have gone back to blank bale until my instinctive shot returns. I am fine at 5 to 10m but, even at 15, I am tending to shoot high where I never did before.
But it has made me dissect every single aspect of my shot to make sure it is correct. The problem is in my head now. Must. Not. Gap.
My sincere apologies to you gap artists. I know it is a good, reliable method. I have failed you.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Rob, I've been enjoying archery for something like sixty years now!… And the way I do it mostly, is by doing just what Matt has mentioned, I experiment what is best for me!… and that goes for everything in the sport; my shooting, my equipment, what/how and with whom I hunt… etc etc.

So, Enjoy yourself! Work at finding what's best for YOU. It's all fun and should remain that way for ever, it sure has for me! All the best!

tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.