Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

Has anyone shot the Carbon express Nano sst and can give me the lowdown on them ?

I am considering them but I don't know anyone who has shot them yet.

Any words of advice would be great fully received

Cheers

Jo

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I have shot the Nano Pros for years (buying used) and have been very happy with the quality of the safts. The new Pro extreme and lower cost SST have multiple spines along a parrallel shaft. The idea is that the fletching end of the arrow should have a softer spine than the point end and that this helps with clearance and consistency. Do a search over on AT and you will read from the earliest pro archers that helped develop and test with Carbon Tech.
I am a believer in multiple spines. I have some tapered shafts that seem to be able to shoot with any point weight and out of any bow.

Good luck,

Rasyad

Reactions: barebowjo

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
Rasyad, have you tried them stringwalking?

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Aiden, nope, I have them for clicker and sights. That said, I have an uncut dozen I have been hoarding that I might try long.

Rasyad

·
8,511 Posts
I have some tapered shafts that seem to be able to shoot with any point weight and out of any bow
I was wondering if that equated to a tolerance of the dynamic spine changes string walking would cause.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Aiden,

My limited experience with tapered arrows (A.M.G. AirForce GT20 Smart Shafts) is yes, they are very tollerant of stringwalking. With the GT20 smart shafts there is also an FOC and diametrer advantage. Having a light weight nock and tail of the arrow is good for clearance. With true taper shafts rear ID is 0.166 and uses pins or g nocks. Extra clearance is created because the rest and plunger are set for the larger diameter, point end of the shaft. It may not seem like much but every bit helps when shooting faster, stiffer bows that do not allow for the full 1.25 occilation. Especially when stringwalking.

Rasyad

Reactions: Harpman and zafar

·
8,511 Posts
Thanks Rasyad, we take about limbs being suited to SW, it's nice to know the arrows may be able to help too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts