Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife came home from a flea market with a surprise for me. She paid $25 for both. Unfortunately I'm left handed but she thought i can....'do something ' with them? Love that woman. I was wondering if l can save them or they are pretty wall hangers now. Hope pictures are good.

Shakespeare x26 Necedah:
Top limb has parallel line in back. Might be crack?
Bottom also has one not center but appears on back and belly. Worry that its structural, not just laminate or glass.

Howatt Diablo
Some cracking in finishing on riser.
Limbs are twisted. String does not return to center groove.

Might not use them ever except for giggles. But dont want them to explode on me. So can they be save?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
i've seen (and shot) bows with linear cracks like that before. many folks fill the cracks best they can with thin super glue for "peace of mind". the crazing/cracks on the risers are ugly, but prob not dangerous as in "i don't know if i'd be shooting that..." i'm no expert, but i'd glue the linear cracks on the limbs, and the one on the riser that might be threatening the structure of the riser at the arrow shelf. Raptor Archery (i think) used to sell a "very thin" super glue that was approximately the same density of rubbing alcohol. damn stuff would literally run inside of cracks (and out the far side, lol.) that i had clamped shut to repair. had to use tape & block it from running all over the place...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts