Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if this is possible first and second how easy is it and are there parts that have to be purchased?

Lastly will this affect performance negatively in any way or should I just find a set of DAS limbs?

Thanks all
Austin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bart Harmeling
3,542 Posts
In general converting ILF limbs to DAS is pretty easy. Just need to push the ILF bushings out and press in the DAS bushings. You can expect excellent performance. Some have reported that the limb butts on BM limbs may contact the limb pocket. If so they'll need to be sanded a little and then resealed.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Das bushings are sold through 3Rivers. Yes BM limbs work just fine on a DAS riser. I used them on mine with no limb butt contact. No need to sand and seal. Just be easy pushing the ILF bushings out. They can be a bit tight, but will come right out with a little effort. Same thing going back in with the DAS bushing. I've converted several sets with no issues. Just go slow and easy. BTW, BM limbs are very good limbs. You will like them.

·
Premium Member
12,785 Posts
Some folks use bar soap on sides of the DAS bushing to make it easier to install.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
If you are ordering through Lancaster you can ask them to take the ilf bushings out for you. I did have to sand the butts on my limbs but no big deal just a few swipes on some sand paper on a block of wood and a shot of clear finish and I was ready to go.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Austin!

Just so you understand, the DAS riser was specifically designed to utilize ILF limbs but with different connection hardware that is simply swapped out. DAS never actually produced any limbs. All DAS limbs were simply re-branded ILF limbs made by W&W, SKY, and possibly another manufacturer or two. If I'm not mistaken, the current DAS limbs offered by 3Rivers are made by SKY.

I hope you enjoy your new riser and the wide variety of limbs which can be used with it.

·
Premium Member
12,785 Posts
Thanks DAVE, who says you can't see?
Austin, me too, welcome to the forum, I missed that earlier

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Another option is to swap out das plates for ilf plates (das), these can bo bought from 3r, it can be difficult to remove the retaining plate bolts but after that it is easier than swapping limb fittings and no chance of damaging the limbs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys thanks a bunch for all the feedback! So much easier just learning from those who already know.

I actually have a set of limbs that fit my bow, but was looking to buy a set of 30-35# limbs to swap out to teach my girlfriend to shoot, so we can play around shooting some aerial targets.

If anyone has a set I am still looking since I haven't heard back from the fella I made an offer to.

Thanks again
Austin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.