Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says is it ok if I keep my ILF Border with Hex5H strung at all times?(60 amo 7and 1/4 bh). Also I am shooting 7 gpp out of iot. Is that cool or am I looking at splinters in my face?

·
thumbless stringwalker
1,719 Posts
I keep my Hex6 strung all the time and only unstrung it if going to my club or traveling for some days.
JMHO
Martin

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
You can leave it strung but I un string all my bows if I am not going to shoot for awhile of traveling in a car

As for the weight of your arrows

Its on the low side IMHO and I would shoot a few grains heavier

On most my setups I'm right around 10 GPP

This is just my personal opinions and choices

You will see many

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
The is a chart that references draw weight and draw length to give minimum GPP on the Border website.

-Grant

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Not to be a smart guy but I once left my Bear SK strung for 6 months. I wanted to see how much the string would strech at least that is what I told wife.
I also remember Black Widow suggesting leaving their bows strung if possible. They theory was more bows get broke stringing and unstringing than from normal use.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I leave my shooting bow strung and hung on a cool wall when not in my hand..

The other two are only strung up if I'm going to shoot them,which doesn't happen much.

I tried an experiment on just this a few years ago.
I braced all my bows an left them braced for up to 5 years.
One Jerry Hill LB an three Martin Recurves.
Not a problem.

John.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ideally wood core limbs should be let down when you aren't using them. Synthetic cores should be ok, but I have seen one brand (2 different models) take a set in their synthetic core butts. These were not Border.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, info and advice appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.