Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Military uniform Military person Marines Soldier Shotgun

Look at this beauty. Sky advantage riser with some Sky carbon bamboo limbs. I'm sure Cal will correct me if I'm wrong. They felt pretty good pulling back. So good in fact its a longbow that I can shoot! One that I could shoot well anyway. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
The real question is - once the NFAA pulls their head out of their xxx will they let the records set with these bows stand??

---------------------------------------------------

Team Montana - we are coming for your quarters ;-)

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Cal has been hanging around Dewayne too much, he is a Sky fan boy and for good reason. :D. Once he shoots that rig, he will be hooked on Sky limbs!

On a side note I received my first Nfaa magazine as a new member and they posted scores for state sectionals. You guys can complain about the new rules all you want, but the sectional results tell a different story. Nobody shoots in the current class, and maybe this rule change can save what looks like a dead class. I didn't see more then 2 people at a state sectional listed in longbow. Looked like you could win just by showing up. Heck I looked in the other classes and only Demmer, Eckard and the Spenner brothers from Mi were familiar names. For all the comments about ruining the class, I was shocked I didn't see any familiar names from here at the nfaa state sectionals.

Reactions: Pilotmill

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Check again, I was at the Mid-Atlantic.
Sorry, don't know your name. How many were in your class? Ok, so there is ONE guy from here that shot longbow at the state secrionals, any others? How about other classes, who else shot nfaa state sectionals that any of you know of?

Hammer your name must be Grayson Partlow from VA? You shot a 237, only guy in the class.

·
Registered
502 Posts
That's me. I was the only one in my class at the State shoot and the Sectional. Nothing I can do about it. I doubt this rule change will add any people to the class next year either.

I don't know why you keep bringing up the longbow thing. You want to talk about how we're complaining but not showing up.. I don't see your name listed under longbow anywhere...

Anyway, that's not what this thread is about. It's about Calvin's ugly bow lol

·
Mammoth Hunter
741 Posts
Better question though - if the class was growing with the rules as they were, why change them and risk having even lower participation? They've lost me from longbow based on the rule change, and I'm probably not the only one. Who did they gain from the rule change? Nobody that I can see. The state sectionals were post-change and the numbers were very low. I think the idea of changing the rules to increase numbers is silly. What gave the longbow class any allure at all was its purity and simplicity.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.