Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time we went to visit my wife's Grandmother, she gave me a bow that belonged to her husband. I have been trying to find out a little bit more about it, but have had no luck, so here it is. What can you guys tell me about it. It says that it is a Brown Fox Hunter, 60" AMO @ #45. It shoots nice, has a bit more hand shock than I am used to, but other than that I like it.

·
Super curve shooter
130 Posts
Don’t have any information for you but in your pictures it looks like there is a pretty bad crack/splinter in the lower limb. You can see it in the picture with the logo. I can’t say whether or not It is something major, but I would definitely be careful or get some other opinions for more experienced people. having a bow blow up on you is no fun

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks like a solid glass bow . I have I couple of solid glass around here . I strung one up a couple weeks ago and you’re correct , has a good bit of hand shock.

·
straight arrow
612 Posts
They do seem to bend forever.

Visiting friends in upstate NY. Stopped at a yard sale one day a few years back, guy had a lot full of stuff, one such offering was - I forget the name - something Bear all fiberglass bow. It was very old, very beat up, and had a very noticeable crack along one of the limbs. He was asking $50 for this 'classic' and 'vintage' bow. I told him about an old bow I had recently that exploded on me, but he was not convinced. I suggested he might pay more if somebody's kid tried to use it and it failed. He then showed some concern. I offered him $2 for a $2 hat if he threw in the bow. He agreed. I trashed it and that bow.

Who needs a Buffalo Bills hat anyway..... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts