Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sebastian Flute Elite Carbon Foam NZ$277 .

Uukha Hx10 NZ$622 .

I'd like to read the opinions of anybody shooting or having shot either of these limbs.

Thanks,
John.
I have shot the Uukhas on a Vanquish riser. They seemed exceptionally smooth, and felt a lot lighter than they were rated. I only shot them for a session. I have not shot the SF Elite, although I do own two sets of other SF limbs. I gather these Elites are not the same as the Elite+, which had a considerable rep. I'm in the same position myself, considering an upgrade, but I am thinking of Border. I too will be interested to see what others say.

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
I have settled on s/F elite + and s/f ult pros, love em. Chroned my elite + today using 7gpbp orrows and got 218fps. Plenty fast and stable and smooth and ..........

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I have Ult Pro's and Uukha Ex1's. Both 38# limbs, but UP's are longs, EX1's are mediums. They are both smooth, and Im forcing myself to give the UP's an honest try at being my 3D limbs, since I want to dedicate the Ex1's to my hunting rig. There is something about the Uukhas I still like better. Would the X10's your looking at be worth the extra money over the SF's, likely not. I dont have a chrono, but both use similar aiming marks.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Im interested. Whats the difference between the SF Elite Plus, and the Elite?? Anybody shot both?

I have a set of SF Ult Pros I like alot.
From what I've been able to figure out the Elite are mostly glass powered without bias carbon and the Elite plus are mostly carbon powered with bias carbon.

-Grant

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Im interested. Whats the difference between the SF Elite Plus, and the Elite?? Anybody shot both?

I have a set of SF Ult Pros I like alot.
I have both, well my son shoots the SF Elites and I have the Elite +. Going GPP the Elite Plus are 5 FPS faster, and in my opinion the Elite Plus have a smoother feel. If you can quantify "feel".

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John I shoot the SF Premium carbon limbs.I think they are selling for $179 and I think there pretty good limbs.
I have those on my bow now and I agree their very good limbs that I won't part with for some time.
I'm going up in poundage a bit so I thought I'd buy as good a set of limbs as I can afford.
Other than my current limbs I've never actually shot another set of SF's but their high end limbs get very good reviews on the net an nothing much bad said about them either.

The Uukha I'm really most interested in for a number of reasons.
I want to try this new extreme hook type of recurve.
The draw force curve a lot of current owners and the manufacturer talk about sounds like it would be easy on my back and shoulders
I like high tech engineered things like alloy risers and carbon arrows, so I also like the fact Uukha are made of aero space materials, and even though I've no idea what that is,it still sounds cool..

Ok,I just talked myself into it.
Thanks for the advice people.:cheers:
John.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
John,

Keep in mind that limbs which are smooth at the back end and store a lot of energy have to get that energy from somewhere. Depending on what gives you problems that might mean you are encounting the hardest part of the draw when your shoulders are at their least strong.
I love the shooting characteristics of smooth bows which store a lot of energy, but for a given weight on the fingers they definitely require more energy to shoot.

-Grant

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.