Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring is here and been working on the course rebuilding targets and making some platforms to shoot from, got my bow out this afternoon to test a couple of the new targets, seems every muscle in my body had got a workout, just couldn't get that shot feel, I leave it a couple of days to recover, at least the course is starting to look good :p

Winter storms took out a load of Trees around 30 across paths/targets and have around another 25 to take down to make the course totally safe.

These bosses are heavy duty and weight way more than I do, hard work doing this alone.

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
Good job Steve, range work can take a ton of your time worn out and thankless.
But when your done and able to shoot it, makes the shots better.

Chad

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Seems at our club it's the 90/10 rule. 90% of the work done by 10% of the members. That course looks good Steve, wouldn't mind a crack at it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems at our club it's the 90/10 rule. 90% of the work done by 10% of the members. That course looks good Steve, wouldn't mind a crack at it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% of the work is done by me. We had a full time guy working on our range and we did it together but he left so it's just me now :crymeariv

28 Field Range, 28 3D range and 90m Target range is a lot of work, at least the travel to work is easy, just walk out the front door lol

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Man that looks like a lot of work. The courses I have seen posted on here are truly works of art!

Whilst I would love to shoot them, I fear I would need a caddy with a golf bag to carry the amount of arrows I would need to finish.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Looks like pretty dense forrest!… All archers must be fine shooters as finding an arrow appears to be a near impossible task! :)

Tom

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
the place looks like a super course STEVE

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
We have a couple of sections where 70% of the Trees have fallen, made more difficult that they're stacked on top of each other like Domino's, it will be a big job to clear. If I get the Foresters in with machinery they will tear up the range lanes/tracks as it's right in the middle of the forest.

I do have an idea as my buddy who is a Arborist said he would get 15-20 of his work friends to cut down the Trees in the morning then they do a free Archery event in the afternoon, I of course will supply BBQ and Beers for afterwards. He helped me a few weeks ago and showed me how to deal with some dangerous Trees but he can take a whole Tree apart in 3 min flat, impressive and also scary at the same time to watch him work.

After yesterdays sore muscles and failure of shooting I tried again this morning and after a nights rest things had improved, I managed a 225 on 1/2 Field round, a little fustrated on shooting 9 points on 50y (lovely group at 5 O'clock in the 3 ring with one arrow just off) only to shoot 18 on 55y and 17 on 60y :sbrug: pleased that I now have gaps for 70 and 80y nice feeling to get all four arrows on paper. ;)

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Steve, you are about as dedicated as any person I know in archery, I hope it's appreciated.

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
Steve, I'm not sure it's any use to you but the old way of getting timber out of forestry was to drag it with horses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts