Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so money is no object for you. What is your ultimate bow. It could be a longbow, iLF riser & limb combo, bolt down recurve, compound or Xbow.
Most of us admire the bow **** on here, so, given a hall pass by the wife, where would your hard earned dosh go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
I'd buy limbs for my Warfs. I'll have some Borders and a couple sets of Dryad Statics for hunting. Limbs is where I'd spend the money and I'd do it by buying them from TT sponsors,,,which after all, already have the best stuff right here.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Border Harrier Royal 68" left hand in the 36-38# range at 29.75" draw, not that I have dreamed about it or anything. :D

·
Registered
854 Posts
For me it would be a collection of all Browning models in 55#

Reactions: Jon Lewis

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
I have my Dad's old Bear, my Pearson from childhood, my old Pro-Line compound Warfed by Bob Gordon, a couple of Widows. I can't think of anything except maybe one of those real deal English Longbows...........Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
996 Posts
Any bow that I can shoot straight. I don't desire any fancy or expensive bow, I just want to hit where I am aiming. I'm finally getting close to that with a used Greenhorn Victory riser and a set of SF Ultimate Pros, so if my shooting keeps improving with this set up then I guess this will be my ultimate bow.

Of course if someone gave me a new Border Covert Hunter, I think I would keep it :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've got fairly simple wants when it comes to bows

When hunting I want functionality .I've got a 58" one piece recurve that I use and it works for me. It may be nice to have one about 5#'s heavier so I could be legal out west. I can't see a time when I'll go away from this bow for hunting though.

For shooting targets, I'm a longbow and wood arrow guy at heart. It's what I started shooting with when I was younger and I just love it. I think I've already got as good a bow as you can have with my 21st Century. It would be nice to try a Fox at some point but I don't really need to. I am going to order a lighter Edge from Milton for indoor next year though.

I've always thought that someday I'd give string walking an honest try. It seems fascinating. For that I'd like to have a Spig BB riser and I'm not sure about the limbs yet. It may be years down the road for me though. I did shoot John Demmer's bow at a tournament recently and man was that thing heavy! It's almost so heavy you can't move it off the spot. And it seemed to work for him that day, he shot close to 290 I think.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Just too many to list, Jon!....I'd have to break it down into classes, example, Longbow, Metal recurve, wooden recurve, and then last, but not least, bows that belonged to someone else, such as the riser/limbs that Park Sun Hyung used in the Olympics...or maybe one of Howard Hill's personal bows (As if I could actually draw such a beast of a bow)...or one of Fred bear's personal bows, maybe...Jim

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
I am very fortunate to have it

I'm into hunting bows so for me in a custom hunting bow I would have to say

Border CH

In a production hunting bow I would say either a Trad Tech Black Magic Riser or Titan with a set of BF's

The only other bow that's on my mind would be the New 19 inch Stoild Bull with a set of Hex 7 limbs :)

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
YEESH I found some pics of Lamb's Jerry Pierce CHOCTAW bucket list bow.
NIIIiiiCE CALL JASON & DAVE

1 - 20 of 67 Posts