Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not 'zactly a trail cam, but hey....
My wife shot this about 8:30pm tonight, while I was in town helping my son building a storage shed in his yard.
Kellie said the buck just lounged around the driveway & yard for 15 minutes or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
Big fat doe just loped across the front down the hill this evening. There's a spotted little fawn hiding regularly in the tall grass, I saw last weekend. Guess she was headed in its direction. Life is good.

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought my first trail camera today.....will TRY TO see how he looks now that it's 7 weeks or so later.

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hopefully he is healthy, have you guys had much cwd or blue tongue/ehd this year Steve?
Dunno, seems like it's pretty rampant every year though....I mean, we hear ABOUT it a lot.....I'll ask around.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
we've had two years in a row of it now. maybe with the deer thinned out it will cease & desist. plenty of places for them to water this year. what deer I am seeing look fat as Yorkshire hogs...:highfive:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Pretty picture, nice buck Steve! Don't you just love living in the country? I was sitting at my bow bench in the bonus room the other evening and caught a glimpse of something running past my window. Thought one of my dogs had Houdini'd on me. Jumped up and looked out of the back window to see who had escaped and watched a spotted fawn run across the back yard and onto the trail toward one of my ground blinds.....

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks JER

I hung the new trail cam on a tree by the pond, will see how it looks tomorrow morning, I'm looking forward to something other than my sweatshirt and the dog.

Kenn1320, I asked a friend about CWD in Iowa and he said he heard it has been found in 3 or 4 IOWA counties this year, but I'm not sure which ones.

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
trail camera works anyway.
It was not 77* bleeping degrees, either.
Guessing camera was slower to cool off, I had it inside my jacket just prior.
Will move it - - to get some more interesting subjects.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.