Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I've been shooting my Hoyt dorado for 3 years. Still hasn't taken a deer with it, but have taken all kinds of small game. This year I plan on dragging it along until I finally connect with it. I have a question about tuning and brace height. I checked the brace height online and it says 7-8". When I match the recommended brace height, the bow sounds like a tuning fork. When I run 5.75-6.25 it's quiet as could be. Is this normal? The only problem I see with running a short brace height, is it will hit any jacket I wear to hunt. The bow is a 45lb @ 28 inches, and my draw is 30 inches. I'm running gold tip xts ( I think) 45-60 full length with 125 grain tips and insert weights. Is it a problem to run a shorter brace height, and if it is, how do I quiet down my bow? I already have beaver balls and string leaches, the very end of the limbs is covered in mole skin and I have limb-saver stick-ons on both limbs and it still hums like crazy when the brace height gets longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None, it shoots like a dream. I think my spine is too stiff, so that might be why it likes the shorter brace height. I'm shooting the same string it came wirh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts