Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

With the wheel bows I had. This never was a problem. Just hang them on a PVC rail..

So I turned my DE-Lima over to my Coffee grinder, to find a solution for me.
When I related my problem to my Coffee grinder. He grunted, and said. Boy go to Wal Mart's

I replied that's a very big store.
He grunted again , and replied. The bath room accessory department.
Then what.
He grunted again. And said
If I wasn't so busy. I would go with you..Just go back there in the bath room accessory department. And you will see .toilet paper fixtures, that hang on a commode. BUy 2.

I see . But I have 3 bows.
He grunted gain ,and said. Boy 3 x 2 is 6 so buy 6.

Hant that little fellow smart.;)

==============

Ok I went to Wal Mart's And oh how I like to go there. They got them there little Go Carts. .Great way to meet some one of my age.Well I got 6 .toilet paper fixtures.
Buzzed around to the bracket isle. And bought them there small loop attachments.
U know . Got a little hole in a flat piece of square metal . With a very small loop hanging down.
Back to my lab shop. Screwed 2 little plates on the wall. Spaced for the recurve riser length.

Attached one toilet paper fixture, each. PLaced the bow in the two holding fixtures.

And had me a 3 teer bow rack, using 6.
Coffee grinder never brags .. He grunted once again. And said what do you see there boy.

What.
He grunted again and said. Boy you could mount 2 of those toilet paper fixture. To the side of your work bench. Cradle your bow. And work on your bow. Serve your bow string , and so on.Then just lift the two toilet paper fixture off, the 2 loops. And store the toilet paper fixture

I said to my Coffee grinder. You are way ahead of me here.
Hant he smart.;)

Picture will come later [ Later

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'm glad you got your bows secured but be careful about listening to coffee grinders, they'll steer you wrong at least half the time...;)

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad you got your bows secured but be careful about listening to coffee grinders, they'll steer you wrong at least half the time...;)
Hello
Thanks for the for warning.

But U - C, my Coffee was a Eagle Scout. And he held up 3 fingers to me. After divulging to me, his idea information. ;) [ Later

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I use two cup holders.
Each one holds 4 cups so I bought two.
All I need now is one more bow.

They were in the kitchen section in our version of Wal Mart.
John.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
I use two cup holders.
Each one holds 4 cups so I bought two.
All I need now is one more bow.

They were in the kitchen section in our version of Wal Mart.
John.
Sounds like a perfectly reasonable excuse to get another bow!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello
Wasn't my excuse for more bows I a sure you.

I have 5 Wing Presentation l l, recurves
3 ILF Recurves
5 wheel bows.

Later

·
Registered
712 Posts
Now I finally have a reason to drink coffee!

Alan

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Uncle GD - cool - this - but I need pics. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uncle GD - cool - this - but I need pics. Thanks in advance.
======================

Hello
I went to Wall Marts. Bought 6 more toilet bowel hangers today. That makes me 8.

Your wish is my command.:cheers:

Will try to get started on it tomorrow.
i just know U don't want no botched up, quick-E. but just quality. Hun ;) And it was a " Cool " day.

Just finished a PVC bow stringer. For some of us older guys with bad
backs.;)
.It was the easiest task for the time I had left for the evening [ Later

===========

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice looking shop Unk...:D
=====================

Thanks Easy.
By any chance. Did you take a gander at the last picture. That little grey scope on the red and black Zone bow.

It is from a electrical coupling, and a reducer to hold the Len's I made for it. . And keeps it in tack with no glue, or fasteners.
The front viewing opening is 1 5/16" choked down to 1 1/16" and then can be choked down to 5/8 inches.

At certain yardages that scope circle size, just fits the outer ring of a center spot on a target.[ Later

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
=====================

Thanks Easy.
By any chance. Did you take a gander at the last picture. That little grey scope on the red and black Zone bow.

It is from a electrical coupling, and a reducer to hold the Len's I made for it. . And keeps it in tack with no glue, or fasteners.
The front viewing opening is 1 5/16" choked down to 1 1/16" and then can be choked down to 5/8 inches.

At certain yardages that scope circle size, just fits the outer ring of a center spot on a target.[ Later
Very cool...:shooting:

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Hells bells Unk!…. You're way too organized. Your "archery area" looks like it should be a room in a museum.. and an entry fee charged!:)
Nice pics. Thanks.

tom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow Unk Bond! That's a nice workshop!

I found an interesting way to store my bows. I didn't feel like drilling holes in the wall so I came up with the idea of wrapping paracord around an existing shelf to create brackets for my bows. I call it the "Archer's Pendulum" since you can push the bows and send them rocking back and forth. I'll link a video eventually.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello
I quiet agree. That's a very nice, and a interesting way.
May I also say. That's some very nice and interesting bow's.
Thanks for sharing. Love to see some one, think out of the bow. With a DIY project. [ Later

1 - 20 of 20 Posts