Trad Talk Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
finger shooter
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looks like a certain person who I have an issue with, who accuses everyone who doesn't make every tourney that he makes "pretenders" and another item of a womans anatomy is correct in his statement to me. Not that I really give a rats butt what he thinks.. LOL

Due to family considerations I will not be attending Yankton, for the NFAA Outdoor Nat's. I wasn't probably going to stay for the worlds as some of you know.

My wife is active duty Navy still (so glad I am retired .. LOL) And she leaves soon on a small training detachment. She will be back a few weeks later, only to leave again for a training detachment to Fairbanks AK, well the date of that has moved up again and that ends my hope of attending the Nationals. She will be gone almost a month. Then when she gets back, she will have about a month at home and will be deploying somewhere for 8 months.

Looking at the dates of her deployment, unless I can stash my 2 high school kids somewhere it will also wipe out my Vegas and Louisville trips. I still have hope I can convince Grandma to come up for a bit to help out... :)

So my old buddy (should be ex buddy?) maybe you were right? Nah... I will figure out a way to show up and kick your butt in Vegas... if you decide to pull out a RC.

·
finger shooter
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Funny thing is the Nat's were about the only tourney I was going to get to make this summer, as my daughter is on a travel fastpitch softball team.... seems like every weekend we are off to somewhere. They travel all over the western states...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ren, I feel your pain.....unfortunately sometimes life gets in the way!!!

It's a shame we born so good looking instead of rich..

Dewayne

·
Registered
995 Posts
Its tough with work, kids, coaching sports.... I am doing it all right now...

Not to mention it ain't cheap to travel and shoot these things

Trying to steal away this weekend to shoot the 2nd leg of IBO NTC. First, chance this year I've had to shoot a national tournament, and I have to drive back and forth over two days due to other family commitments.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Shooting any tournament is certainly a sacrifice of time,money,vehicle wear and tear...but we all love it.

I need to find some people to travel with...that split expenses!!!

Dewayne

·
Spearhead
4,141 Posts
Ren, family comes first PERIOD!!!!!!!
I commend you and your wife, a military family has a lot of built in stress a civilian family doesn't. I feel your pain, training, deployments, hardship tours, combat deployments. A lot of people doesn't understand military training is 30, 60 and 90 days a pop, not including deployments.
I respect your decision, you and your wife.
I still hope to see you in Vegas. I can make one big shoot a year due to family and finances. Vegas I get to shoot then Cindy gets the rest of the day so we are both happy. Better than going to a shoot and she's bored and miserable.

You do what's best for you and your family everything else is trivial.
Your doing what's right no matter what others think.

Chad

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Family comes first, missing one this weekend I have made 10 yrs in a row cause the grandkids are in. Choice wasnt hard, a one yr old and three year old wins out over the likes of Matt or Cal hands down. Even with a bad diaper, they smell better

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Fly to Ca and I will drive you the rest of the way to Cloverdale and we can spilt the fuel. I will let you stay in the 5th wheel for free.
Gary
Shooting any tournament is certainly a sacrifice of time,money,vehicle wear and tear...but we all love it.

Dewayne

·
Registered
274 Posts

Dewayne

Dewayne, I found you a ride to split expenses with. Cal just told me he's picking it up next week.

You'll arrive in style at Trad Worlds like no one else, except Cal.

LBL

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I can hear Cal now cashing in some stocks to get that baby comin...

Cal think how many pics you could put on the side of that big pusher!!!

You could put some of your buddies on it.....Buddy!

Dewayne

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Fly to Ca and I will drive you the rest of the way to Cloverdale and we can spilt the fuel. I will let you stay in the 5th wheel for free.
Gary
Gary, I may have to think about that one for a while....sounds like a pretty good deal...FOR YOU!!!

Lol

Thanks for the offer..I guess?

Dewayne

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.