Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very nice Shibuya folding bow stand but since adding a 350g spigarelli weight to my CXT, the lower limb now sits on the ground/floor when on the stand. There's been a few near misses where others have almost stepped on the bottom limb tip despite placing an item of clothing or bottle of water under the limb tip, and trying to place it carefully away from where others' feet might find it at indoor or target behind the line.

Any suggestions on how to modify or other?
It really is a beautiful piece of engineering
3d and field not so much a problem, (just use a compound pod stand/arrow, group of 4 shooters) when not being carried.

Have a great weekend and happy shooting.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I think the stress of my bow being stepped on at Las was higher than the stress of shooting the competition. It amazes me how people seem to forget there are bows on the ground around them. That being said there was a stand I noticed that lifted the bow a good 12" higher than all the others, but I didnt catch the name of it. My wheels started turning and I was thinking of ways to modify my current stand to have a longer main rod.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Given how bright the color is, I might have to get airline clearance to raise the stand height any. :lol:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Haha I'm just kidding with ya. It's a nice looking setup. Wish I had been able to shoot it but it's all backwards for me lol.

OP - sorry to hikack your thread with bad jokes. I don't know much about bow stands. I've got one somewhere but don't use it. I always end up laying my bow on the ground.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I use my chair to carry my bow and arrows if there are long waits. Otherwise I use a belt loop and pocket quiver.
Dan

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had a Shibuya that wouldn't support my Gillo. I tried wrapping the "grip holder" part of the stand to make it grippier and tighter but never had any luck. In the end I bought a Cartel Midas RX-10 on sale at Lancaster thinking the stab support could be used to help prop the bow up. Turns out the shape of the grip holder was sufficient to hold it up. As a bonus it is also one of the taller stands.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Tru-glow bowpod on the top limb facing forward then resting on the BB weight. Keeps the limbs/string up, works on uneven ground and fits in my quiver. You'd have to purposefully kick it to knock the bow over.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was probably my stand at LAS.

Win & Win Ty Multi Bowstand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
I guess while I was in the bathroom this kid bumped into my bow. As Kenn pointed out, he even said "Hey, watch out." which caused the kid to back up quicker into the bow. Thankfully it was cheaper limbs but yeah, for 3D or next year at LAS I think I'll try and find a higher stand. I think Tony DiVecchio had a nice quiver/bow stand combo, looked great for 3D and it was easily 10" higher than our stands.

-Tim

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,526 Posts
All the indoor shoots I competed in had bow racks set up. The annoying thing was when someone insisted on using their own individual bow rack taking valuable space away from the path between the equipment and shooting lines. I think providing bow racks is the best solution indoors. Individual bow racks are fine outdoors. Even there you have to be careful. I remember when the 10 second rule was instituted in WA at the National Indoor tournaments in 2010. It was quite a rush to get through the maze to the shooting line in time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for the replies.
Worked out that I could use the Shibuya stand - with a pod stand under the lower limb to keep the lower limb tip off the ground. Easy. Balances nicely now.
Less likely for the lower limb to be stepped on with it a few inches off the ground, when at the practice range at comps or at the equipment line at indoor and target.
The pod on it's own, like Grantmac suggested is all I use for 3d and field.
By the way, our first 3d state series comp of the year is in 2 weeks after our comp year finished last November.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts