Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I lay my bow on the ground to retrieve my arrows while the wheel guys have cool kick stands. What do you guys do with your bow? I'm thinking a quick detach set of shooting sticks mounted to the stab hole along with a limp top protector would make a cool way to set your bow down

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I made simple bends in a 1" piece of flat metal, one quick bend to hook over my belt, the other slightly radiused to cradle the bow in the riser area. All I want to do is free my hands occasionally....

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
You can stand up your bow with two spare arrows. One nocked normally and the other under the lower nock set. Use the two arrows and the bottom limb to form a tripod.

Or use a tree. :)

·
8,511 Posts

·
8,511 Posts
Or very simply....

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can stand up your bow with two spare arrows. One nocked normally and the other under the lower nock set. Use the two arrows and the bottom limb to form a tripod.

Or use a tree. :)
I did this for a photo of my buffalo and it wasn't easy or very stable.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I carry this in my quiver for field and 3D

This I like, and could make fairly easily. I hadn't thought of a rod to push in the ground, and I like the tension on the string to keep the bow from rocking and falling off.

·
Registered
878 Posts
That notch is cut around 9" for my target bows. It works fine anywhere near (or past) the brace height.

I used quarter-inch stainless rod and construction adhesive to glue it together.

·
Super Moderator
2,644 Posts
I carry a little stool and offer to keep score. At the target I sit down and place my bow across my legs. I let others search for lost arrows, call the scores and pull the arrows. I rest, for I am a wily veteran.

In practice I place the bowstring on my shoulder and the handle in my arm pit. This frees my hands to score and pull. - lbg

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I don't put my bow down,I carry it to the target an back.
At the target I'll place it on top of the target or hanging off a tree or something.

Never leave it on the ground,never !

At home I hang it off the hedge,the fence,the side of the shed,on the BBQ table,,,,,, ect.

It doesn't get left anywhere people with big feet can stand on it,,,ect.

John.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts