Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im needing a opinion from someone else regarding selling a bow (compound but i shoot trad also). i sold a bow to a gentleman and i had absolutely no problem with this bow personally however when i purchased this from someone else used he had the female side of Velcro in the grip area just where you hand contacted the grip never had a problem sold it to a guy he received the bow took the velcro off and the grip had been dremeled by the owner before me now his is wanting to a partial refund. he sent 315.00 via paypal and 305.00 after paypal deduction. the shipping cost 42.00, and now he is wanting a additional 75.00 partial refund. what do you think i should do because i never looked under the velcro and i didnt dremel the riser like he is accusing me for doing it and not telling him about it. i paid 300 flat for this bow and now i will walk away with only 188.00 do you honestly think i should do this what are yall's opinion

thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Sounds like the issue is in an area that is not critical to function and you had no idea. Tell him to send it back to you if he is unhappy and refund his initial purchase money. I think you can deny payment and it wont cost either of you. Your out the shipping to him, but you wont have him haunting you forever.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I can tell you how I would handle the issue.....wont attempt to tell you what to do.

Unless the deal was expressly " as is" the buyer can reasonably expect to be buying a bow, free of defects....whether I knew about them is not the question, only the lesson learned,than I should know what I'm selling. Now the only question is what is reasonable to make the deal right. If I felt $75 was fair, I'd refund ASAP ....if not I'd ask the bow be returned and refund 100% of the original purchase price.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I agree with Rod on this one. I'd try to come to an agreement with the buyer on a partial refund or have him send it back to you for a full refund.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts