1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
You guys seem to find some real bargains that side. The only scale I can find this side is a fishing scale at the equivalent of $40.00.

I borrow one from a mate when I need to use it. There is a bloke at our club that has a spring one designed for bows. He swears it's spot on but measures my bow at 37# as opposed to the fishing scale which makes it 46#.

I think it may be made to measure the higher compound weights as that is what they all shoot.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,697 Posts
I have a lot of money invested in scales, but I need them for the draw force and energy studies that I do. I have finally found the ideal scale for my draw board. Really good scales are needed when you take progressive measurements, like a draw force curve. That is because you have to have precision between each point to reduce variation in the calculations. Lower cost scales should be just fine when looking at a single measurement such as draw weight at a particular draw length. A good luggage or fishing scale should work. A good thing to do is to test the scale with a weight to see how accurate it is.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Nice looking scale, Bryan. I like that it has the memory feature so you don't need to have someone else read the scale while you pull the bow. I'm thinking that the hook could be reshaped to be a little more "bowstring friendly" but that would be easy to do.

The price is hard to beat, too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts