Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to keep this short. Limbs on a practically brand new bow delaminated. NO it was not from a dry fire !! I sent the limbs to the bowyer and it took 2 months to get them to finally look at them. They said they might be able to repair but I think they should build new limbs. It's been almost 2 1/2 months and still no limbs. Does it take that long to remake the limbs? I don't want to "annoy" them as I really liked the bow and I just want to get back to shooting it. Am I being impatient?

·
Premium Member
12,103 Posts
middle man with no dog in the fight sees both your side and the bowyer's side. BUT the old adage "customer is always right" might come into play too, swinging the scales over to your side of the line. Almost new bow, you mention a bowyer so it's a custom bow, you wait & wait & pay your money, and it breaks, both the bow & your heart. NATURALLY YOU WANT IT FIXED & RIGHT NOW< TODAY. that's understandable. Having been there myself, not with bows but with other stuff, I always feel a bit "off" with it after it's fixed.
If you're saying you sent limbs back, waited 2 months for him to look at it, and now it's been approaching 3 more months, 5 months total since DELAM......in my world that's not being impatient. CALL THE GUY, try not to annoy him, but - - BOWYER NEEDS TO TAKE CARE OF YOU, and in my world I don't want FIXED DELAMMED LIMBS.
I'm sorry it happened. Good luck & let us know how it progresses. MAYBE he is almost finished with your NEW LIMBS so approach with caution.......

Reactions: Locomo and rsarns

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I should have clarified, it's been a total of 2 1/2 months. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have neer seen a delaination that could be repaired. Send them a nicely worded inquiry.
"Have you been able to replace the limbs yet?"

·
Premium Member
12,103 Posts
D - yeh, he still needs to be communicating with you, some....give him a chance - call him & ask for progress on your bow repairs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I apprecite it. I am just dissapointed because they are supposed to be one of the best out there and communication hasn't been very good at all.

·
Premium Member
12,103 Posts
well. before you jump too hard, get a response of some kind. HARD, I know, but he could be working on your NEW BOW and almost done.....but being quiet. It happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts