Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you shoot Border Hex5 or Hex6 and use limb savers? I am curious what your experience is.

Thanks.

Alan

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Careful of your warranty if you do. I think it voids the finish warranty if you stick stuff on them but others may know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have some type of limbsavers on hex 5,6,7's and I have no issues
Seeing how you are the ONLY person in the world that owns a set of Hex 7`s, this is a little bit like bragging Joe……...:p

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have some type of limbsavers on hex 5,6,7's and I have no issues
Why do you use them - what benefits do you perceive? Thanks.

Alan

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Not for this guy. Nice at quiet (for a target bow) at 7gpp doing somewhere around 210fps.

-Grant

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts

Alan
I run limb savers on all my bows

I do feel they help absorb vibration/noise

I also think that they are a little bit like an insurance policy

In the case of a dry fire due to a bad nock etc I think they can live up to their name

I really like quiet bows :)

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts

Alan
I run limb savers on all my bows

I do feel they help absorb vibration/noise

I also think that they are a little bit like an insurance policy

In the case of a dry fire due to a bad nock etc I think they can live up to their name

I really like quiet bows :)

Bow Jaxes came on my Hex 7 limbs via Border so that was easy

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hmm, I popped some on my new Hex 6 limbs 'just because' I had a pair, and also because I saw that the Hex 7's shipped to JP already had them on, so it wouldn't be an issue!!!

I think I may have had them in slightly the wrong position though, is it best to place them on the 'fade out' of the inner limb material to the rest of the limb?

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Careful of your warranty if you do. I think it voids the finish warranty if you stick stuff on them but others may know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes. we are not to held responsable for the finish once aggressive adhesives have etched into the finish. but this doesnt effect the support of the limb itself. just the finish is void if you stick anything.

same as if you use acetone on them.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Once I had found that sweet spot in my tune the Limbsavers didn't really offer anything noticeably different in quietness or vibration, then again my limbs are bolted onto a Panzer Tank platform so I'm not going to feel much vibration lol

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
yes. we are not to held responsable for the finish once aggressive adhesives have etched into the finish. but this doesnt effect the support of the limb itself. just the finish is void if you stick anything.

same as if you use acetone on them.
I don't own any border limbs, but had the finish tear off my first set of uukha limbs when a limb saver fell off. I now use a wrap around type limb saver.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't own any border limbs, but had the finish tear off my first set of uukha limbs when a limb saver fell off. I now use a wrap around type limb saver.
I was thinking about that last night - why not make limb savers that wrap and use a suction cup? What brand do you use?

Thanks for the replies all.

Alan

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
Alan, suction cups wouldn't work they would pop off guarantee that, some double sided tape will also, limbsavers will send free double sided dots if you ask.
As far as taking finish off a limb they will do that if you pull the LS by the base, they have on my Hoyt F4.
Best way to remove the LS is to put floss between limb and LS base and saw the floss between the two, then use goo gone to remove adhesive from limb. Then alcohol to clean the googone residue from LS base and limb.

The wrap around type is called limbzzzz don't remember who makes them but have some I'm going to try soon on my vanquish/elite+
I'll look at the package and let you know. 3rivers used to sell them, Lancaster has them in stock. Cheaper than LS also. Good alternative to do testing and find the optimal position, then can decide to go with LS or limbzzz, that's what I'm going to do anyway.
They are a different material than limbsavers tho

Chad

·
j-san = Jason
1,671 Posts
3M Command strips? I've used those on a variety of walls (never a limb) and they have always peeled off easily without any damage. I do question their adhesive strength in an area the experiences a lot of vibration and shock.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I use the new Broadband Limbsavers mounted on the belly side of my Border Hex 6H limbs at the end of the fade outs. I do not use them to reduce noise, but rather to reduce the amount vibration transmitted to my bow arm. I am interested in preventing overuse injury and protecting my body's archery longevity.

Mark

1 - 20 of 23 Posts