Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a potential trade for my widow for a 19” tempest with sx50s.
Wondering from folks that shoot this riser how it balances out? I really like extreme deflex, though it seems to make the bow rock back. Im finding that the bows I shoot best seem to stand up in hand.

·
Spearhead
4,005 Posts
Can’t comment on the 19 but my 25” balances ver well with very little added weight. Can’t remember how I had it set up specifically but do remember it’s a very well thought out bow.

Chad

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can’t comment on the 19 but my 25” balances ver well with very little added weight. Can’t remember how I had it set up specifically but do remember it’s a very well thought out bow.

Chad
Yep on the shorter risers like the 17 and 19 the mass is more centered around your hand due to the shorter overall length, but the design really stands out on 21 inch and above balance wise IMO.
My 19, 21 and 23 inch Tempest only need the 250 grams bottle weight and sit perfectly straight,while holding the bow with just one finger at the throat of the grip.If I include the right amount numbers of bottle weights they tip forward.
For example the 19 and 21 inch Satori needs at the least 380-400 grams bare bow weight to sit straight.
Sniper 21 wich is another overall first class riser (Border like machine work quality, anodized finish etc) needs 300 grams bare bow weight.
But the balance is just one ingredient of a great design, there is more.
Just my findings.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I'm with Twg when it comes to balance on my 21 inch. Never shot a 19 and not interested in any 19. Just me. My first ILF was 21 and I'm sticking with 21's or longer. Out of all the risers I have it's my favorite and that includes two 25's.

Happy Fourth to you Matt,

Todd

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like the looks of that riser. With just recieving the ht21 and not having any limbs or bushings on it, I kind of want to stick to a single riser for a bit.
Really like the idea of having one riser and multiple limbs. Im sure that’ll change once the new wears off the ht21 though.
Hows broadhead clearance with the bridge?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The tempest is made a little bit further past center shot than the ht21 or dalaas. Probably to allow for broad heads. It is nice that it has enough center for rests like the nap flipper/plunger.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tempest is made a little bit further past center shot than the ht21 or dalaas. Probably to allow for broad heads. It is nice that it has enough center for rests like the nap flipper/plunger.
I cut a deal with the guy, Ill be up at night dreaming about a tempest if I didnt.
Should make for a solid line up. Ht21/tempest with a couple sets of limbs. Will at least ease my need to screw with stuff

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm with Twg when it comes to balance on my 21 inch. Never shot a 19 and not interested in any 19. Just me. My first ILF was 21 and I'm sticking with 21's or longer. Out of all the risers I have it's my favorite and that includes two 25's.

Happy Fourth to you Matt,

Todd
That is a shining endorsement. Itll be nice having a 19”and 21” even though they are different risers.
I really like the 64” size bow for packing around the woods. We will see though.
Same to you Todd, have a great 4th.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I have a 21” with long limbs and a 19” with XL limbs. They makes the same length bow, which is important to me, since I use the string to set my cant and is part of my anchor. This keeps the string angle and anchor the same between bows. That helps me shoot consistently with either bow.

I may have to give a HT21 a whirl in the future, but I don’t think it could replace my Elite. If you have more than one bow, 3 won’t make a difference, since I already blew my One Bow Two Strings signature with the Tribute. I can guarantee I will never sell either one those.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a 21” with long limbs and a 19” with XL limbs. They makes the same length bow, which is important to me, since I use the string to set my cant and is part of my anchor. This keeps the string angle and anchor the same between bows. That helps me shoot consistently with either bow.

I may have to give a HT21 a whirl in the future, but I don’t think it could replace my Elite. If you have more than one bow, 3 won’t make a difference, since I already blew my One Bow Two Strings signature with the Tribute. I can guarantee I will never sell either one those.
The elite looks an awesome bow.
Im excited for the tempest but even without limbs the ht21 feels “right”… this jager low is awesome.
Ill have to get through hunting season with the set of Nikas I spoke for from John and the gobis that come with the tempest. After that I think Ill get to figuring out a heavy limb.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How heavy are you looking to go for a hunting rig.
I have no idea honestly. Im still learning exactly what I like. Seems to me more mass produces a stabler bow, Idk the point of diminishing returns yet. Plus most/all of my hunting is hiking, I dont want to pack anymore than necessary. This will be something I need to figure out soon. The stock weights on the ht21 have it standing straight up balanced at the pivot without limbs. I think I could stomach that for an elk hunting bow. Couldnt be much more than what my compounds weighed.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I meant the draw weight.
Ooooo, Idk on that front either.
This last year Ive had [email protected] 28 bows. They all drew to 30 something just fine for me.
Low 50s seems a good compromise. I like the idea of some max 6s 55 otf. Then build like 11 gpp arrow.
For this season I just want to get these 340s tuned at whatever they need to tune. Should work out with some high 40s Im thinking.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
How do you differentiate a clone from a legit border?
$600 USD difference lol

I love my Border Tempest 19" - you grip the handle lightly, there's almost no tip back.
I actually am keen to try the HT21 even though I have the 21" Dalaa.

Then I start thinking maybe I should just try a 21" Tempest and sell both of the other risers ... hahhaahh

·
Registered
32 Posts
How do you differentiate a clone from a legit border?

The clone has the limb adjustment on the side like the Satori were the Tempest is in side horse shoe shape

1 - 20 of 41 Posts