Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I visited Border, Sid let me try a whole bunch of longbows. For the life of me, I can't remember which I liked the best but I seem to recall the Raptor suited me. Just in case you think I am coming across as a Border fanatic (which I guess I am) I also have a Dryad Orion that I am very fond of (47# at 28"). I'd be interested to know from the Dryad and Border longbow owners out there, which are their favourites and why. Or, if you don't much fancy either of those brands, what do you use and why.

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
In love with my ACS CG longbow limbs from Dryad. Fast, smooth and quiet. Best is they are accurate, and forgiving. For 1 piece longbow I'd have to say my FOX TC, and 3 piece other than my Dryad would be from Bigfoot Archery, Kirk Lavendar (SP?) makes a copy of Ernie Mackenzie's Sapphire Hawk he calls the Splinter Kat, Its pretty amazing. (Just don't tell Kirk I said that). Best part is these have stayed together and have not split, cracked or delaminated. :) Don't get me wrong, there hasn't been a picture of a Black Douglas riser posted that I have not drooled over. But.......

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,696 Posts
And, yes, I am standing bolt upright, only cant the bow a few degrees, and have a grip like I'm having tea with the Queen. Obviously not a classic longbow shooter.
Same here. It's okay. We need to support each other. Just keep telling yourself that a vertical bow, is a happy bow. Upright posture is happy posture.

·
Northman
486 Posts
Out of all the Dryad gear I have tried, the Orion ACS CG 3pc longbow and Epic ACS CG ILF limbs I had were my favorites. Top performers in all categories. Border-wise, I personally liked the Raptor ILF limbs I tried the best. I had some Hex5's and Hex6 BB2's which where pretty incredible speed-wise and accuracy-wise if you did your part, but the Raptors were certainly impressive to me as I am a 'longbow' lover.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Rusty,

That is too many bows for any one person - I am only worrying about your personal welfare - send a couple of them to me!

Alan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.