Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this site, I have been shooting for over 38 years. First 20 or so was a Bear TD. Then a Harrison longbow, it blew up on me after 12 years. I would like to go back to my old bear and get new limbs from border, I here they are great limbs. I have shot a longbow for so long I don't know about going back to a recurve. There is something about shooting a longbow and I wondered if border could make longbow limbs for my Bear TD. I think they modify their ILF limbs to fit a Bear. Anyone know or ever here of this? Let me know I have a B handle and don't know long it would be if they could

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
we haven't done longbow limbs for a bear.
I think its such a small market that it would mean a lot of limbs that missed the weights for such few sales that it wouldn't be economically viable for us.
the lower deflex would make it a interesting riser to use, but the limb pad angles are all wrong. (that can be adapted)
but overall we think the sales would be small, meaning a lot of work for few sales in a year...

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the forum.

Rasyad

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Hi. i am a bonified fan and shooter of long bow limbs on a metal ILF riser. because of the less perload i have been able to continue hunting. i hounded Mike at Dryad's till he got a pair made for me. he now has three models two ACS and a bamboo glass. bamboo glass is the most bang for the bucks of any limbs i have.

If you decide to get an ILF rise, lots of world class limbs oit there and they all fit (mostly) good direction in my opinion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.