Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my new found shot sequence and form, I am really enjoying the benefits of a longer draw and more stable approach to shooting the bow.

I'm thinking of giving a longbow another honest try. 66" length would be my target.

Really enjoying the reviews and looks of the Border Harrier Royale and the Fox Triple Crown.

Anyone shoot either of these bows? Thoughts? Why are you shooting one over the other?

Curious minds...

Oh, pictures would be cool too!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've shot both, owned both didn't care for the Border at all...LOTS of hand shock,noise...just didn't care for the bow....the TC are nice shoot good but I've always shot the 21st century Edge better than either one and they are much cheaper if you can find a used one.

As my friend Cal says "I've never shot in a peer group with one of those"

Dewayne

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I've owned a Fox and I'm a admitted Border fan.

I'm getting Kegan to make me an Imperial. I don't think you could get a better longbow for twice the price. I even am going a far as sending him a piece of wood for the riser which he can't get locally.

Grant

·
Registered
649 Posts
I know Centaur isn't on your list either but I had one of those and it was SWEET! I don't know if you would consider making a ILF longbow but I have one of those too, and like what I have seen from it.

Have a great day,
Kasey

Reactions: RIng

·
Registered
649 Posts
Some pics

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I havent shot or held any of the above longbows. I can tell you from personal experience with other longbows/recurves, the typical light weight of the bow itself causes me accuracy issues. That being said, TC would be the obvious choice for me.

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Go with either the TC or the 21st edge. Only issue I have seen is the fit and finish on the edge is lacking, but I like the grip better on it. I personally don't like the grip of the TC... as Cal knows, but Ron (Fox Archery) will be making the grips on 2 of mine more to my liking .....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hammer, why didn't you come to the WV shoot???

You could have gave Dave a run for his money!!

Dewayne

·
Registered
502 Posts
Calvin - I don't care how old your arrows are, just make sure they're straight because you're going to need every point you can get!

Dewayne - I really wanted to make it but the guy I was going with backed out on me at the last minute and I couldn't see my self driving 9 hours in one day. Not much of an excuse but it is what it is.

I ended up shooting the VBA State Championship and shot pretty well for what it's worth. The last day I was in a group with John Demmer and Paul Vogel. We had a lot of fun and there was a ton of good shooting in our group. Apparently word got back to Calvin and now he's so scared he won't even give me advise on feather length lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.