Trad Talk Forums banner

Border CVX Final Review/Chrono Confession

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Daniel L 
#1 ·
In the "Comment" box...

"These are Border Bows new "CVX" ILF limbs...they are 33# Mediums that are scaling 34#@28" and are putting my 300gr/8.825gpp VAP V1 arrows across the chronograph at 187-189fps."

Vid link...

Attachments

See less See more
1 3
#5 ·
So this is where the "Chrono Confession" part of this thread comes into play because if you noticed?...I myself was actually a touch disappointed in the FPS #'s and began rationalizing my way through the closing end of the vid expressing how speed isn't important yet it did highlight just how stable and consistent the limbs were where truth be told?....with my VAP's at their original 330grs?...this represented 8.7gpp off my RC Extremes set at 38#s DW and they were putting those 330gr/8.7gpp VAP's across the beams at 191-193fps in this vid here...

to boot?...these are the numbers I got from SF/UP's and Uuhka XO's off this 650 Club as a 70" bow as both were in "LONGS"...

SF Ult Pro's @ 34#s: 270gr/193fps 330gr/179fps

Uuhka XO's @ 32#'s: 270gr/189fps 330gr/176fps

so now with the point weight reduced 30grs bringing the VAP's down too 300grs?...that means my new CVX limbs are only a couple fps faster than the UP's and XO's and absolutely no faster than my RC Extreme's and with all that hindsight data at play in my mind?...it occurred to me that something must be wrong with my chrono so I broke out both my Covert Hunter and my Hawk Longbow along with arrow weights I was very familiar with and even went as far as to put a fresh 9V battery in the chrono (just in case) and sure enough?...My CH should've put those arrows over the beams at no less than 180fps and my Hawk longbow?...should've put those maples out at no less than 149fps yet the CH only clocked 157fps and the Hawk rig 130fps so it looks like my chrono is reading about 20fps too the slow side which would put my VAP's off the CVX's at about 205-207fps (as "corrected" for chrono error).

Turns out my wife confessed that in reaching for her pruning shears?...she knocked my chrono off the top shelf where it took about a 7' drop too the concrete floor of our garage.

My first thought was I need to replace it but then thought...why bother when I'm perfectly content with the bows I currently own...but I may contact Caldwell and see if factory recalibration is feasible.

Meanwhile?...the CVX's are a dream limb for me...they are very smooth...very stable and quite consistent and I can not think of a limb I'd rather have on the 650 Club.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.