Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if any guys out there have tried 5/16 woodies with their CH?
My CH is 40lb @ 28inch and I currently shoot 11/32 rear tapered Sitka with an all up weight of 460g.
I have read that this bow seems to tune to a range of spine and I fancy trying out 5/16 shafts. Only trouble is that supplies of 5/16 over here seem to finish at 45-50lb spine. I shoot 3D and prefer a lighter arrow so for me 5/16 would fit this brief.
Thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
If you haven't noticed your about the only one who owns one...lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked mine up from Border country last Wednesday. After around 50 arrows I competed in a 3D comp on Sunday and managed a 1st in HT (wooden arrows) love this bow even more than my ILF BD Hex 6BB2. Am currently shooting 63lb spine 11/32 sitka spruce rear tapered and 100g field piles. The bow is 41lb @ 28inch

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
my riser is being made as we speak...limbs are not far behind....42-43, 53-55....should get to shoot it end of next month when it's shipped to Daniel Y in Austria.....I will pick it up there...let him shoot it and then take it on my motorcycle trip through BC Alta and the states.....and let some ppl shoot her.

Jer

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi TrevorBB
Those are sweet looking arrow shafts! I would imagine by the time I get them sent over here and her majesty's government has taxed the living daylights out of them they will probably be to cost prohibitive! I bet they look lovely turned in to a set of trad arrows though!

·
Registered
414 Posts
my riser is being made as we speak...limbs are not far behind....42-43, 53-55....should get to shoot it end of next month when it's shipped to Daniel Y in Austria.....I will pick it up there...let him shoot it and then take it on my motorcycle trip through BC Alta and the states.....and let some ppl shoot her.

Jer
Oh. So I don't have to have a spare bow for you? You are going to have the God of bows with you. Let me know what you end up shooting out of your CH Jer. I have this feeling that, once I try one, my other bows will be going on sale to get the CH.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Jer,

If you make it over to the Island drop me a line and we'll shoot the bags if I'm not at sea.

-Grant

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
We have 56 risers on the books. 67 limbs.

we have 4 risers in stock, and the rest are either in production or delivered.
we have 6 sets of limbs in stock, the rest all have names to them.

So there will be some general feedback coming in soon as people try different setups.

The CH has to be our fastest selling new product to date.

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
I can't tell you how much I like mine

I am fascinated by it

I hate short bows and in a normal configuration recurve a both that is 58 inches long is to short for me

My CH uses a 59 inch string and has the working envelope of an under 56 inch standard recurve

This is the compact bow that feels like a much longer bow

Love it :)

This is a 60 inch bow that uses a 59 inch string being drawn to a tad over 28 inches

Just look at the limbs folded out

Beautiful :)

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
We have 56 risers on the books. 67 limbs.

we have 4 risers in stock, and the rest are either in production or delivered.
we have 6 sets of limbs in stock, the rest all have names to them.

So there will be some general feedback coming in soon as people try different setups.

The CH has to be our fastest selling new product to date.
Yeah and the only advertising I have seen is the video JP posted. You might want to send him all your latest offerings, he is quite the salesman.:D

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Kenn1320:
We sent Joe the Bow to try as we wanted some feedback.
Joe went public and we sunk behind our screens and watched his video. The office was VERY quiet for those 15 minutes.

half panic, half smiling we all looked at each other and asked. what does this mean...

turned out well, but didn't half make us scared as our baby was out.

Ive posted a bit on FB about it.

the stats on the bow change a few known benchmarks.
string lengths
Pounds per inch gained at full draw.
and required bow length as Joe illustrates here.
Very compact at brace, yet forgiving string angles.
its energy means you do need to run heavier arrows the minimum GPP's have gone up over our Hex6 limbs.

it makes the Hex6 recurve look small, so hopefully the "radical" recurve tag on the hex6 will get dropped as its quite conservative in comparison.

anyhow, sorry OP for the derailment.

We don't know what wooden arrows this bow likes yet. Most feedback we have had is from Carbon arrows, as that is what everyone seems to be shooting from thiers.

·
j-san = Jason
1,680 Posts
I am eagerly awaiting mine to ship out. My check is enroute to Border and will hopefully arrive this week. Hoping to be able to get my hands on it in the next week or two. 60" bow pulling 45# @ 27". I hope my Gold Tip 3555 arrows will work.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.