Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a couple days now that I am the proud owner of a Border ILF rig. I just visited their website and the stock ILF limbs page hasn't been updated since 2013 and generally the website seems like it has been designed by a kid in elementary school.
I don't know you Sid, but I really like your product and as a future customer and a tradtalk brother my 2 cents are that you should invest some money building a website worthy of your products.
Respectfully
Christos Giakoumakos

·
We few, We happy few...
1,987 Posts
I agree. Love his work but don't like the website.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
You should've seen the old web page lol!

·
We few, We happy few...
1,987 Posts
Na! I dislike buying Border's stuff off an Impersonal page actually. Much better to ring them up. Somethings are too good buy off a web pages.
I am with ya. But, webpages make it easy to window shop.

Reactions: rusty craine

·
Registered
422 Posts
Agree the website is uninformative and, therefore, frustrating. Mentioned it to Sid but they really are a small operation there at Border and can't dedicate much time to doing updates let slone the total revamp the site requires. Still, websites are the public face of a business. Sid is probably selling more than he can handle right now so maybe he doesn't want any increase in the volume of business. But that may not last forever. Yes, dealing with Border takes personal contact. Kind of nice because who does that anymore? For those of us planning to get gear from Border, however, images of wood selection and options are a must. off the top of my head, I can't tell you what shedua and Heritage Midnight will look like together. Also, I gather you can customize the image on the limbs to some extent, so seeing how that might look would be great. What we really need is not necessarily E-tail options but images to fuel the dreams. A simple image gallery and list of options would not be that much work to set up. It would take a decent web designer maybe a couple of days to set that up. As for the site revamp, um, a few days more than that but it would be worth the bucks to keep our dreams fuelled would it not?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Last set of hex 6bb2s I got from the folks at Borders, took about 10 days to arrive, with a matte clear coat... and the only communication was PM's here and I emailed Ann once. I don't hardly look at their webpage, but it is a bit clunky. don't let the webpage deter you from the fine bows!!! HA!

Have a great day,
Kasey

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
It has been a couple days now that I am the proud owner of a Border ILF rig. I just visited their website and the stock ILF limbs page hasn't been updated since 2013 and generally the website seems like it has been designed by a kid in elementary school.
I don't know you Sid, but I really like your product and as a future customer and a tradtalk brother my 2 cents are that you should invest some money building a website worthy of your products.
Respectfully
Christos Giakoumakos
Feedback is always welcome. even it it hurts listening to it.

Basically we have put all our efforts into clearing the hex5 and Superflex cored limbs in a sale. We have come to the conclusion that we have far to many limb models with the hex7 coming up so a clean out was very over due.
this has left is very out of date on the existing current models. but since 70% of our sales comes from bespoke orders. Stock lists are basically slow for us.
It wasn't till 4 years ago did we actually have stock lists at all, but we are working on it.
We have cleared out about 90 pairs of limbs in the sale with a few to go, and this in itself has reduced our stock, and made the maintainence of the stock lists easier.
That's where we are at.

Hopefully there will be more pictures on the site than there were 3 weeks ago, and we are working on more product information packs to go along with the rest of the product and not just the covert hunter.
The covert hunter and the Ghillie Dhu are up on the site now. so all in all we are progressing (slowly)

Hope this shows that we are working on things. as well as trying to get the waiting lists down. We aim for 8-10 weeks and have taken on a new guy as we are currently at 12-14. so with better turn around, that should free up management time to get into these kinds of things.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Feedback is always welcome. even it it hurts listening to it.

Basically we have put all our efforts into clearing the hex5 and Superflex cored limbs in a sale. We have come to the conclusion that we have far to many limb models with the hex7 coming up so a clean out was very over due.
this has left is very out of date on the existing current models. but since 70% of our sales comes from bespoke orders. Stock lists are basically slow for us.
It wasn't till 4 years ago did we actually have stock lists at all, but we are working on it.
We have cleared out about 90 pairs of limbs in the sale with a few to go, and this in itself has reduced our stock, and made the maintainence of the stock lists easier.
That's where we are at.

Hopefully there will be more pictures on the site than there were 3 weeks ago, and we are working on more product information packs to go along with the rest of the product and not just the covert hunter.
The covert hunter and the Ghillie Dhu are up on the site now. so all in all we are progressing (slowly)

Hope this shows that we are working on things. as well as trying to get the waiting lists down. We aim for 8-10 weeks and have taken on a new guy as we are currently at 12-14. so with better turn around, that should free up management time to get into these kinds of things.
Hey Sid, the management and design genius should not have to look after this kind of thing. That is why the world is full of geeks. Some of us take great pleasure in working on websites. I would rather see the website suffer than the R&D.

·
Registered
656 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what Rob said!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
j-san = Jason
1,697 Posts
Nowadays, a good website is important to a business. People will often investigate a business online and get their initial impressions about it within a few clicks well before they ever contact them personally. I know I have dismissed more than one business in the past while searching online due to a poorly made website, but that's just me.

I also agree with Rob. You folks at Border are experts at what you do. Best to stick with what you do best and leave the web design to the tech geeks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree the list isn't that user friendly, but what I recently did was give Sid all the information of what I was looking for, draw length, weight, .... And then he gave me options of what he had in stock that would fit and offered me some great deals. I ended up ordering a set of Hex 5s for my 11 yr old nephew!!! I hope to have him out hunting on his 12th birthday October 6th. By the way they will be on my back up DAS master hunter riser! I can't wait until Tuesday, when they arrive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.