Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While getting together some stuff to redo some arrows I came across some CX bull dog collars I had set aside. I prefer G nocks on my carbons and so had not used them. It occurred to me that if you used those in conjunction with G nock uni bushings it cold make a really reinforced nock area? The idea would be similar to the practice of sleeving the point ends. It should make for a near bomb proof nock set up barring a direct center punch. I think I might try it when I refletch my Maximas.

Here is a picture of what I was thinking.

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
ditto---I was afraid it was a "mac-thing"

·
wannabe
2,160 Posts
No picture visible here.
Running Firefox on XP.

?

-bm.

·
John Conaway
1,646 Posts
I was afraid to say anything thought it was a JOKE! Glad to know Im not crazy.(yes I know) I like the set up!
John

·
Registered
674 Posts
Nope

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I fixed up some CE150's the way you describe. I used shafting instead of CE's collars. I have shot those arrowsof and on for 2 years now. Only broke one and that was when I let someone use my bow/arrows on the range. He hit a metal support. The arrow slapped of the side and broke in 2. I have hit many a rock with this setup and bent many field points but as yet not broke the shafts at either end.
I use this same setup on my ST Axis shafts with the same results. My next step when I get time is to do interenal fooying of the shaft ends.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts