Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 17” Black Wolf carbon riser and paired it with a set of sanlida athletics 7 long limbs giving me a 62” bow. Win&Win suggested a 7-7.5” brace but I’m getting the best results (less noise and vibration) at 7 5/8” and thinking of trying a little more to see how it shoots. I’m just curious what the people that shoot this riser have found to be an ideal brace. Thanks

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
A 62” AMO bow is requiring a BH between 7.5” to 8.5” usually. I went down the BW recommended BH but I found working better for me the BH at 8” for BW long limbs and riser - I used the Satori’s recommendation which has the same geometry. Use whatever you feel is satisfactory for you.
I take with a grain of salt just 1/2” BH difference recommended by the manufacture when they have 4” of difference between limbs (shorts to longs)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also have a BW with the long 45# W&W limbs they package it with. Initially I set it up at 7" and it was incredibly loud, did not shoot well. Changed to 7.5" and it was better. Accidentally left it strung for a couple months and was real loud when I shot it again, string stretch had the brace height down to just over 7" again. Went back to the recommended 7.5" and then tried 8" on the advice of another Black Wolf owner in my club, and this actually seems to shoot the best for me. Also using a NAP Centerest if that makes any difference. Just my 2¢.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.