Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two part q: Which is the most economical vendor for the Black Hunter longbow? Is there a comparable ILF option?

I want a 30# lb for targets. ILF might be better so I could try to tiller for two under.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not sure your experience, my father has the black hunter recurve and I shoot a Gillo 19" ILF rig and honestly Im envious at how well that bow shoots.

I managed to get his for xmas at $139 Canadian through amazon

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nothing wrong with a BH. I would go to twig archery hands down so you know what you are getting. There are a ton of mis marked BH’s out there. While I like the BH alot, the south west archery ghost takedown longbow makes a super low priced target bow. Very easy to tune and the 30# is pretty quick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not know there are longbow limbs that fit Sage risers. I already have a Sage riser.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Try LAS web site and do some browsing

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ghost limbs are $80, there are Black Hunter bows on amazon for ~$100. I think I'll stick to shooting split finger and decide between the two.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Two part q: Which is the most economical vendor for the Black Hunter longbow? Is there a comparable ILF option?

I want a 30# lb for targets. ILF might be better so I could try to tiller for two under.
From what I see the ILF option is the Junxing F162. I recently bought a used Black Hunter (Lancaster Black Ember); liked it, but gave it to my son. Preferred an ILF version. The Junxing limbs are faux wood finish; not black.

You can scope out the Junxing on their website; and buy it on eBay or Ali Baba. I just had a great eBay experience with a Chinese seller: 35 lb. Junxing LB limbs. Feel just like the Black Hunter limbs to me. Whatever limbs or risers you buy from Asia might very well be re-labelled Junxing products anyway. My limbs were about $85 delivered and shoot just fine & look good enough. Won't win any beauty contests; but then you'll have to pay more for good looks.

For more info post here, or PM me.

Also: on one of the archery forums someone had a warfed Black Hunter riser for sale. Don't now if it's still available.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have both the BH (2x hybrid longbow 55lb and 60lb) and the Pharos II ILF (@50lb also from Junxing). Honestly incredible bows, esp at the price. The 55lb shoots much better, with much more thwack, than my 55lb Hoyt Buffalo.

Here's the Pharos II reviewed:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts