Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok folks, I think I have things down now. I closed and locked my other two threads about picture posting, and should be ready to go now.

Several folks expressed an interest in this bow, so I'll put up new pics, specs. and such. It is a longbow made by a friend of mine, G.W. Flanagan. I got the itch for a new longbow, and one of my own design. I wanted a black bow, but something pretty too. I don't like standard longbow grips at all. I wanted a cross between a longbow grip and a recurve grip. I like a thumb rest to give a better fit and feel. I wanted a medium low grip too. It would be 64" long, and in the low 40's. This is a 3D bow, so lightweight would be a plus. For limbs, I wanted bamboo, as it is a fast limb material. I had the limbs stained with a black stain, to compliment the riser. The riser would be black phenolic, with white fiberglass imbedded, and slowly shaved to give the black and white appearance.

Now the specs are 43 @ 28, 64" long, 14 strand fastflight black and white Flemish twist string. No string silencers needed. It's quiet. Pretty fast too with carbon express .800 spine arrows. It has zero handshock.

He used overlays of phenolic and fiberglass on the limb tips. The riser and grip look larger in the pictures than they really are. I'm not good photographer. The riser is actually very slim, and about the size of a standard longbow riser. He enlarged it just enough to give me the thumbrest, and a little fatter in the hand, much like the Toby grip on a Black Widow PL.

I told Steve Long that I would have G.W. build one exactly like this one for him, but in a heavier weight, and ship it to him, but true to his Avatar, he turned Chicken on me. Something about shortage of funds.

So there you have it. My dream bow, and one of a kind that I designed myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There ya go Mike. I added the limb tip, and a front view of the riser. Picture clarity of the riser front is not that good, but I'm still learning how to take pics and post them. Playing with the pixel count and size is tough, but I'm getting there.

·
Premium Member
12,792 Posts
CHicken?
HA, I started piling up some funds today, 1/3 of the way there already.
I don't think I would change anything on it, add 5# maybe.....and maybe go 62", I have 64" bows......

·
Registered
170 Posts
That is a very pretty bow.
Isn't the 68 Super Kodiak commonly referred to as the"Black Beauty" or is it a generic term?

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 👍🇺🇸
Bows, Broadheads and Backstraps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.