Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I've recently jumped onto the "Warf" Craze hay wagon face first and I am loving it. A friend of mine turned me onto the black bear conversions a few weeks ago and I just got my first one put together tonight. I had the old black bear riser powder coated a nice copper/red. I cut out a 1/8" cork base for the limbs and then cut off a 1/16" - 3/32" from the butt of the limb. These sage limbs seem to be well crafted except for dimensions...The limb butts were completely out of square and I had to cut different sizes on the top and bottom to match up with the mounting holes. For the side guides on the limbs, I grabbed a piece of vinyl flooring sample at HD that just happened to be 1/16" thick. This slid in snug for me and worked perfectly but I am a wandering if this is a standard fit or just another sage limb consistency problem since i've seen where a few people have used 1/8" cork for the sides?? Either way, this worked for me on this particular build.

·
Bart Harmeling
3,384 Posts
Very nice, and I like the coin. A good friend of mine had a $20 gold piece place in his Gen2 DAS. Always liked that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I had a smaller one of the Queen from the year of my birth. I tried to drill that hole and inset it but without a drill press I "Royally" screwed that up....knew I was going to but I have zero fear of failure. I dug around in the girlfriends travel coins a bit more to find a larger piece and bam, bobs your uncle, mistake covered. One day I will leave the woods and become educated on these fancy coins, finding their real names instead of "small piece", "larger piece".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got to the point of stringing it up tonight. The string is a loner from my neighbor until I pick up the new one on Saturday. I'll get all the specs over the weekend and report back!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Very nice! Sam Dunham made me a BB Warf with Sage bolt-on limbs. Great shooting bow.

What weight limbs are you using? What weight did the limbs end up on your bow?

Off the shelf or elevated riser?

What arrows are you going to shoot?

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Nice job, I am seriously diggin' the color choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts