Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually it's a Jennings Black Lightning, but from what I understand, it's the same riser. The plastic grip cracked off long ago, and I haven't had any luck finding a replacement. The bare riser is actually pretty comfortable, so I'm thinking about just shaping the contours a bit and gluing some wood or micarta on either side. Any other ideas?

· Registered
836 Posts
I have 2 bb risers. While the grip aint bad, I kind of want to fab up a lower wrist flatter surface. I wonder if you could tell me what the width/depth of the riser is in the grip section? Thinkin maybe I can epoxy a grip on there or something.
If anyone has good method for removing the grip, Id be happy to send ya one of em

· Registered
80 Posts
I started emailing the guy that runs RCore grips. He is in Greece, of all places.

I sent him a bunch of close-ups of a BB and he said if he could get his hands on one, he would be happy to take measurements and do up the designs. From the looks of it, they look 3D printed, so I assume he needs to actually scan the riser.

Because this company is in Greece, I don’t have a spare BB laying around for tribute (may not get it back, or not worth the money to ship back. . .) and I’m not sure what customs would be, I never followed through.

But now I’m thinking about it again. Shipping alone (not including any customs fees) would be $57 to Greece).

If RCore made a custom grip for a bear BB, would you buy one? I reckon they’d be around $40-50. Pretty standard price on their website.

I love my BB’s but the grips are not the best.

· Registered
836 Posts
I started emailing the guy that runs RCore grips. He is in Greece, of all places.

I sent him a bunch of close-ups of a BB and he said if he could get his hands on one, he would be happy to take measurements and do up the designs. From the looks of it, they look 3D printed, so I assume he needs to actually scan the riser.

Because this company is in Greece, I don’t have a spare BB laying around for tribute (may not get it back, or not worth the money to ship back. . .) and I’m not sure what customs would be, I never followed through.

But now I’m thinking about it again. Shipping alone (not including any customs fees) would be $57 to Greece).

If RCore made a custom grip for a bear BB, would you buy one? I reckon they’d be around $40-50. Pretty standard price on their website.

I absolutely would, I put a kteenos on everything I can

· Premium Member
292 Posts

I would absolutely buy one! And I will be willing to pitch in on shipping expenses.
I would be willing to help you get your riser back also, I don’t like the idea of it going to waste.

· Registered
836 Posts
O hell, Ill be happy if he will trade me the riser for a grip. It aint even milled yet. Found one already milled for the price of milling. Just trying to dial in string length still.
I really like the post shot reaction of the bb grip. The bow rotates away from my arm slightly. Just dont feel stable at draw at all with nothing to push on. Like it demands the pressure settle on the webbing between thumb and pointer.

· Premium Member
14,360 Posts
you guys are on a great thought process there.
I also like SAM's idea of an adapter piece to make the Black Bear grip frame accept DAS-Jager grips.
Too tricky for me to adapt though.

· Registered
80 Posts
I would absolutely buy one! And I will be willing to pitch in on shipping expenses.
I would be willing to help you get your riser back also, I don’t like the idea of it going to waste.
Thats awesome. I said the same thing. I’m glad I brought this back up then. Totally dropped it back in March when a. I didn’t have a riser I was willing to send and b. Shipping looked to be around $57 one way. I was gonna have to procure a riser to get it done and that just became cost prohibitive.

FWIW the RCore fella saw the pictures I sent him and said now he wants one, so if you didn’t arrange to get it back, pretty sure it wouldn’t go to waste, we’d just gain another international WARF enthusiast. . .

Keep me in the loop. This could be great. With 3D Scanning and printing tech, anything is possible.

· Premium Member
292 Posts
O hell, Ill be happy if he will trade me the riser for a grip. It aint even milled yet. Found one already milled for the price of milling. Just trying to dial in string length still.
I really like the post shot reaction of the bb grip. The bow rotates away from my arm slightly. Just dont feel stable at draw at all with nothing to push on. Like it demands the pressure settle on the webbing between thumb and pointer.
Please let me know when you send it, I’ll send you some funds.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts