Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with these? I've been looking at his static tip recurve, I couldn't find much via google, after reading through his site he seems to really know his stuff. Does anyone have any experience shooting his bows?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I talked with Kirk a couple times, and gave him my shooting info. He emailed promptly and always had valuable ideas. He had a bow that was almost finished that I had to pass on it, I don't even remember why now. I have only good things, and was willing to risk the hard earned cash with them... and still may in the fairly near future.

I know this isn't experience with the bow, but Kirk was more than willing to help me and always responded quickly. Hope this helps!

Have a great day,
Kasey

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Kirk builds a GREAT bow. I own several of his bows, can't say enough about his bows. Now Kirk is an interesting guy, we have not always seen eye to eye, but his heart is as big as his bows are well built. I would highly recommend his bows to anyone. My Sasquatch recurve and longbow are awesome, but my favorite is the Splinter Kat he made me, it is a duplicate of Ernie Mackenzies Sapphire Hawk which is after several yeare still my go to hunting rig. He makes the Splinter Kat with Ernies design, of course with Ernies permission. Tell Kirk Ren said Hi .

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have the first of his static recurves. He numbered the first ten or so.
He makes good stuff. The static is fast and quiet and the woods he has are
beautiful.

Lou

·
markliep
687 Posts
Had one of his Sasquatch bows - very quick & pretty bow but I never could quite get used to the grip (read preference vs anything else) or the riser not cut past centre (again read personal preference) - the only other trad type bow that I had that was in the same performance league was a Fedora 560 - that was also one heck of a hunting bow that I had the same difficulties with as the Bigfoot - I think if you don't need a cut past centre riser long or customizable grip you're more than good to go - M

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hm well his bows on display on his website are beautiful, well sounds like he does a good job, lots of testimonials on his Sasquatch bow,

·
Registered
522 Posts
My Bigfoot Sasquatch TD is a great bow, 60", perfect hunting length, quiet, quick and smooth. Kirk has been very good to work with, extremely kniowledgable, and I am on build list for a SS next month. He is also starting my #001 Stealth bow this week, a new bow for his line. She will look a lot like a hill and brace to D shape but perform much better. Yeah I like his bows.

I had sent a das riser with a loesch grip for him to match on the sasquatch build and he nailed it. So custom is there. Also on the sasquatch he builds each bow to perform best for your draw length by adjusting working section of limb.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well alright, thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
My Bigfoot Sasquatch TD is a great bow, 60", perfect hunting length, quiet, quick and smooth. Kirk has been very good to work with, extremely kniowledgable, and I am on build list for a SS next month. He is also starting my #001 Stealth bow this week, a new bow for his line. She will look a lot like a hill and brace to D shape but perform much better. Yeah I like his bows.

I had sent a das riser with a loesch grip for him to match on the sasquatch build and he nailed it. So custom is there. Also on the sasquatch he builds each bow to perform best for your draw length by adjusting working section of limb.
Please let Me/US (?) know what You think of the "Stealth" bow when You get it...Maybe I was, (in a small way?) a bit of help giving Kirk a reason to think about building a high performance "Hill" style bow, or at least something kinda similar...Maybe??...Take care......Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts