Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you still remember me posting an ad trying to get my old Widow back that I had sold..

This bow had ALOT of sentimental value than any other bow I'd ever had...I bought it for my anniversary in 2012 which was 22 years..

I contacted the guy I sold it to ScottE and he directed me to DJTJR who wanted a Gen 1 DAS Riser...which led me to Bob Littlefield who had a Gen 1 Prototype..he sold it to DJTJR and then he sold me my Widow Back..

I got the bow today..gave it a good looking over and had TOTALLY forgot that I had my Fathers initials engraved into the bottom limb overlay RBM 8/15/50 which is his birthday..He passed away from cancer week after I received the bow from Black Widow.

I really REALLY appreciate all who was involved in me getting this bow back.

Thanks to all...DJTJR, Bob Littlefield AKA Greysquirrell,and ScottE

Dewayne Martin

·
Premium Member
12,543 Posts
THANKS GUYS.
Thanks for sharing Dewayne, I about cried, reading it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My pleasure Dewayne. Thanks for helping me find something I was looking for and it was a pleasure to get you back a bow that had sentimental value to you even if it meant me parting with a real shooter. Good luck with her.

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
Great story, It's stuff like this that is the real glue that holds "our community" together

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Dewayne, you realize that some day, maybe soon, maybe later, you will be called upon to payback this debt. :)

I'm thinking you might have to get on film you blowing in Demmer or Cal's ear during a shot like that dude did Lebron James.

My devious mind is churning

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad it all worked out Dewayne! How does it feel to be out of the dog house and back indoors?
Feels good and the dog is even happier!!

Dewayne

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dewayne, you realize that some day, maybe soon, maybe later, you will be called upon to payback this debt. :)

I'm thinking you might have to get on film you blowing in Demmer or Cal's ear during a shot like that dude did Lebron James.

My devious mind is churning
Bob, I figured you'd be calling in a favor in the very near future...in the meantime I will get you that autographed pic of Calvin you requested!!!

Your friend,

Dewayne

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Awesome ending to a noble Quest....Some real solid folks on here, that's for sure....I have a couple of those "Sentimental" bows myself, it would be tough to lose them...I have also sold a few really good bows over the years that I'd love to have back....Take care.....Jim

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Bob, I figured you'd be calling in a favor in the very near future...in the meantime I will get you that autographed pic of Calvin you requested!!!

Your friend,

Dewayne
Already have a scarecrow in the garden, dont need the pic,,,,,,,,BUT I hear you have 3 TR7 risers,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
As I keep telling everyone that ask's why I go to all these shoots IT'S THE PEOPLE !!!!

You just can't make better friends than the people on this site, you just can't !! Just Sayin Cal

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Already have a scarecrow in the garden, dont need the pic,,,,,,,,BUT I hear you have 3 TR7 risers,,,,,,,,,,
Yes..I do have 3 of those Tr7s and as a wiseman once said..."you ain't getting my Gen 1"

But I will let you borrow one any time you want!!

Dewayne

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Yes..I do have 3 of those Tr7s and as a wiseman once said..."you ain't getting my Gen 1"

But I will let you borrow one any time you want!!

Dewayne
Wiseman does not trade off anniversary bow grasshopper

1 - 20 of 22 Posts